peeling rear bumper 2010 32QBSS

Dear heartland owners, doing a walk around today I discovered looseness and peeling of the "coating" or "film" on the rear fiberglass "bumper area" of our 32QBSS. What is this coating? And what might cause this? Ours is a 2010

"Bumper" may not be the correct term. This is the large lowest body section that is below the rubber trim piece that runs around the trailer. This is the lowest section on the rear of the trailer -- below the rubber trim.

Last edited:

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Dear heartland owners, doing a walk around today I discovered looseness and peeling of the "coating" or "film" on the rear fiberglass "bumper area" of our 32QBSS. What is this coating? And what might cause this? Ours is a 2010

"Bumper" may not be the correct term. This is the large lowest body section that is below the rubber trim piece that runs around the trailer. This is the lowest section on the rear of the trailer -- below the rubber trim.
that is a known problem with them, they quit using those bumpers on the 2011s. (not that that does you any good) There is a thread on here about it.

I can't find the thread that addresses the issue, maybe somebody else can help you out.

archbarb

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/19127-Bumper-Delaminating

Archie

I can't seem to find the link to start a new post for a new topic.
Can anyone help.

what I'd like to know is what others with the 32QBSS are doing to make making the bed an easier task.

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
I can't seem to find the link to start a new post for a new topic.
Can anyone help.

what I'd like to know is what others with the 32QBSS are doing to make making the bed an easier task.
Here you go, and towards the top of the page on the left is says; Post New Thread in a blue rectangular box, you can't miss it.

//heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php/232-North-Trail-Interior

Thanks for the direction.

Also, I want folks to know, I emailed Heartland concerning the peeling on the rear bumper of our unit. I got a response yesterday by phone -- that is amazing a response in less than two days. They have a plan to take care of us.
Thanks Heartland Customer service.

Also, for any who have a rusting frame, the service rep shared that that was a dealer prep issue. The dealers apparently are given express instructions to wash every frame of every trailer when it reaches their lot. The rep thinks ours was not prepped. He is sending the letter which goes to the dealer. But, 2 yrs after the fact, he suggested I either do the clean up and treatment myself or he suggested a Zebart dealer may do it for about $300.