Pomona show first impression

cordystoy

Hi

I went to the Pomona Rv show, first thing today. I'm looking for a toy hauler so I focused on them. As far as the competing brands Heartland quality was still quite a bit better. Just the solid feel of the doors, cabinets and exterior hatches. Raptor and Fusion have tried to upgrade quite a bit and picked up some of Heartlands ideas (like the slam latches). But the exterior doors finish on the Raptor was not as nice it wiggled even when it was closed. I'm looking at the 3010 and now a 300c. The both looked great but I need the exterior color of the 3010 moved to the 300c I wonder if that will be a problem? Also no show prices listed but it was early on the first day.

The other brands had some cool ideas like a captains chairs in the living room and TV hook-ups all over but the quality of the hook-up looked a little suspect, I'm not sure they would last.

I'm still sold on the Heartlands, I looked at the Roadwarrior too, nice quality but I'm still leaning towards the Cyclone because I'll be doing some extended stays in it, and I like the decor and the upgraded insulation.

Show was pretty nice overall. I only saw one of the Heartland reps mostly the sales guys, I know thats how it works but it seemed I knew more about the trailers then them which is a little sad. i would love to see the rep away from the sales guy for a bit.

I'll be going back sunday with friends with second opinions, sorry the post was so long winded

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
There are at least three HL club members going Sunday morning around 10am. Hopefully we will see you there. We'll be the happy HL owners with the badges on. Trace

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
cordystoy, a bunch of us OL' timers with HL's will be there on Sunday the 16th. SO.....if you need any info you can ask us. We will be at GATE B right at 10AM. Pat has some 4$ off coupons if you need some.

Your "fearless" Socal chapter leader

ccupton

Bob...Trace..Carol and I will be there on sunday but maybe a little late. Looking forward to seeing you. Heading home from Chicago today.....

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bob...Trace..Carol and I will be there on sunday but maybe a little late. Looking forward to seeing you. Heading home from Chicago today.....

Take your time. Travel safe. We'll be there.