Unwanted birds

Softballdad

I was doing some maintenance last night in the storage compartment. I saw some straw and grass so I removed the panels, and found a large bird nest. I haven't been out yet to look at it, but can't figure out how they are getting in. I looked briefly underneath and it looks sealed. Any ideas?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I was doing some maintenance last night in the storage compartment. I saw some straw and grass so I removed the panels, and found a large bird nest. I haven't been out yet to look at it, but can't figure out how they are getting in. I looked briefly underneath and it looks sealed. Any ideas?

Are you sure it's birds and not rodents? Most birds that I know of don't like crawling deep into dark, confined spaces dragging nesting materials. It would force their fleglings to crawl back out before they can fly. Are there droppings about and what do they look like?

Softballdad

There were feathers and droppings in the space. On the tires I've noticed bird droppings, and will investigate that area.

Softballdad

I think I've found where the birds are getting in. On the door side fwd of the steps there is a hole in the frame, and there are some bird droppings there as well. From that hole to where I found the nest is only a few inches apart. I've covered the hole with gorilla tape until I find a better solution.

Location.jpgHole in frame.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I think I've found where the birds are getting in. On the door side fwd of the steps there is a hole in the frame, and there are some bird droppings there as well. From that hole to where I found the nest is only a few inches apart. I've covered the hole with gorilla tape until I find a better solution.

View attachment 16393View attachment 16392

For larger holes on mine, I taped some screen material over the hole and then covered it with spray foam. Once it expands and hardens, it's there until you bust it out. The screen gives the foam something to bond to until it cures. You can paint the foam black, if you like.