PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Virginia Beach - 5/18/2012 to 5/20/2012

Pages : 1 [2]

Rottiesmom
05-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Nice Rally Gus, I wish you could have turned down the wind a little. Here is the group parting shot.

dave

Great Picture and another great rally hate to see it end; See many of you in PA in a few weeks

boatto5er
05-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Great looking group. Thanks to all of you for making it a fun weekend. Wish I could get that darned wind under control. It was great seeing all. Love it when we have great Heartland friends join in from North Carolina up thru New York. I think we had around 100 folks for the pot luck dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti
05-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Great group shot. Looks like a happy bunch. I recognize so many faces too :)

Jim

dieselsweetheart
05-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Had a fun time Gus and wish we could stay longer than just the w/e...but you know how it is with working folks... :-) Thanks for all your hard work and hope to see you at another rally (where you can relax) soon!

JJnVA
05-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Fun weekend - great seeing our HOC friends and making new ones! Debra and Gus did a terrific job of coordinating the weekend events - many thanks for all of your hard work. And, a big thanks to everyone for their generous donations to the Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula - I'm turning in over 300 food items tomorrow. Samaritan House in Virginia Beach also was a recipient of additional items from your giving hearts this past weekend. You all make the HEART in the Heartland Owners Club!

See y'all down the road.....

jbeletti
05-20-2012, 09:32 PM
... And, a big thanks to everyone for their generous donations to the Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula - I'm turning in over 300 food items tomorrow. Samaritan House in Virginia Beach also was a recipient of additional items from your giving hearts this past weekend. You all make the HEART in the Heartland Owners Club!....

Bravo Heartlanders!

jnbhobe
05-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Great rally Deb & Gus, Thanks for all you do for the club and its members.Patti, Kim, Jim, Emily and I had a great time even if I did think Virginia Beach was warm and sunny, lol. Hope everyone has a safe trip home. We got home about 9:45 after saying we would take two days.

dbylinski
05-21-2012, 05:11 AM
We'll be packing up soon to head north. I just wanted to thank Gus and Debra for a great weekend in a great location and a beautiful campground! Larger rallies are always difficult to get to know everyone and I have got to say that the Bingo game was a great way to meet people and we had lot's of fun playing. The weather could have been better, but it didn't interfere with the fun.

Rallies are usually busy times for us and it was such a pleasure to be able to walk through camp, pick a site, sit down and chat. We throughly enjoyed catching up with our southern friends and to all of our new friends it was nice meeting you and we'll see you again soon.

Thanks to everyone who helped in any way to make this a fun event. VA Beach is great!

boatto5er
05-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Just a few of us left, packing up, getting ready to go. A couple of folks staying one more day. Been a great weekend. Thanks to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camperjohn08
05-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Thanks Gus & Debra for putting on a Great Rally.. Except for the darn Rain Sunday.. we had some rather windy, but great weather.. At least we had a chance to have two campfires...

We are safe and sound at home at the moment.. "I" actually backed my new BigHorn in the back yard for the "Very First Time" and in "ONE" try..:p I only have two feet on each side of the 5'er when I pass by the house and the fence..Hopefully I will get even better at it, as time goes on..

Good seeing all our friends once again and some new people we met too..Now to get some much needed rest..:)

dbylinski
05-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Home safe and without incident! Thanks again for a great time.

boatto5er
05-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Home also. Great weekend. Loved seeing everyone.

Flying Dutchman
05-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Home again. Thanks Debra and Gus for a great weekend. Getting ready for the next rally:cool:.

gschaaf
05-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Made it home safe and sound thanks Deb and Gus for a great time it was good seeing everybody again.

mlburst1
05-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Home safely - thanks Gus and Debra for an entertaining weekend!

porthole
05-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Yo - Deb & Gus - great job. None to bad with the weather either. It was a fine extended weekend.

Lexi and Madison (with designated adults) pulled out Tuesday morning around 9 and we batted cleanup around 1 pm. But not before meeting 4 more Goldens.

Stopped to visit friends in Lewes and now camp firing it at Cape Henolopen State Park.

JWalker
05-24-2012, 08:12 PM
The Walkers just wanted to say "Thank You" to everyone. What a great rally. We had a wonderful time. It was hard to leave. Definately a place we will have to visit again. It was so nice to see everyone. Hopefully we'll see all of you again at the PA rally or at Castaways in Md.

On a side note, we saw a devastating accident on the Pa Turnpike during the trip home. After a 45 minute, 10 mile back up, we came upon what looked like the entire contents of a house scattered all over the the interstate. Microwaves, beds, pots and pans, chairs, metal and wood, all being scooped up with a frontend loader and dumped into a dump truck. About 200 yds up the road there was a lowboy trailer with the wreckage of a Gear Box travel trailer. I think it was made by Coleman and is a toy hauler, not sure. It was a twisted pile of metal and wood. I do not believe the frame rails were together, it was that bad. The tow vehicle was not there at the site. We were speachless and we counted our blessings and did not complain about the delay.

Sometimes we take for granted how lucky we are to just have a safe trip.

Thanks Again