Winterizing Sundance 3300ck for storage

Hawkeye

I have new 2012 Sundance 3300ck that I need to get winterized. I was wondering if anyone could help get me headed in the right direction on doing this process. I know you can dump the rv antifreeze in the fresh water holding tank and do it that way, but there surely has to be a better way to go about it.

jnbhobe

Hawkeye, your Sundance should have a winterizing hookup built in. It should be hooked up to your water pump. Just a hose and a valve. Stick the hose in the antifreeze jug, turn the valve 1/4 turn. Turn the bypass valves for the HWT and drain the tank. Turn on the water pump and start opening the farthest faucet from the pump hot and cold one at a time till they all run pink. Don't forget the toilet. and to drain the fresh water tank. The pickup hose will be in the UDC or behind the basement wall.

Yep I forgot about the outside shower (hate the thing) You probably don't have low point drains they stopped them in 09.

I wouldnt dump it in the fresh water tank. you should have a seperate hose on the pump just stick it the anti freeze jug and turn on the pump it will fill the lines. before you do that turn the valves on the hot water tank to bypass it and drain it by removeing the plug. also there is three valves on the underside of the trailer to drain the water out of the lines. make sure some of the anti freeze goes into the drains. I bought a airhose attachment for the lines at camping world and just blow my lines out i hate that antifreeze in the lines. i always forget the outside shower but so far hasnt burst.

jnbhobe

I know how to do it but I don't, I'm lucky enough to have a heated garage. So you guys have a lot more experience than I do.

Hawkeye

I wouldnt dump it in the fresh water tank. you should have a seperate hose on the pump just stick it the anti freeze jug and turn on the pump it will fill the lines. before you do that turn the valves on the hot water tank to bypass it and drain it by removeing the plug. also there is three valves on the underside of the trailer to drain the water out of the lines. make sure some of the anti freeze goes into the drains. I bought a airhose attachment for the lines at camping world and just blow my lines out i hate that antifreeze in the lines. i always forget the outside shower but so far hasnt burst.

Thanks for the info. I will check the the pump again for hose. I looked once and did not see one. I saw a spot on the pump that had a threaded clear cap that a guy could probably hook a hose to. But not for sure what that clear cap fitting is for.

The siphon on my Sundance 2800rls is behind the udc, have to open uo basement wall hatch with a screwdriver to get to it.

Duramax1

You know what? I would really recommend that you take it back to your dealer to winterize it. I do not think, and I do not mean this negatively, that you have an interest in learning about your system. I have a friend and every year I have to go over all of the steps, he is an accountant! But guess what, I am also an accountant. He just has no interest in those kinds of things. Easiest way... go back to your dealer.