Ladder Seal is it just silicone

gtrnholm

I bought a 3650RL this year and didn't really notice this until about a month later. When climbing on the ladder it always moves down a lot. I asked the dealer and they tightened it as it was loose and reapplied silicone. I still notice that when I climb on it it sags and the silicone seems to break away from between the ladder mount and the side of the unit.
Is this normal? I am only about 190lbs. This ladder seems to be mounted a long way away from the trailer siding is there a reason for this. If it was closer wouldn't it be less likely to sag down and break the seal. Is there something that can be done?

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
This doesn't sound right to me. If the seal is compromised your asking for water intrusion. My ladder is very solid. I'd do some more investigation, maybe get a second opinion on the install. How far is a long way? Ours is 5" where it attaches on the bottom. Good luck

GOTTOYS

I saw a dealer down in Texas set a step ladder next to the ladder on the trailer and go up and down the step ladder...Don

lwmcguir

This doesn't sound right to me. If the seal is compromised your asking for water intrusion. My ladder is very solid. I'd do some more investigation, maybe get a second opinion on the install. How far is a long way? Ours is 5" where it attaches on the bottom. Good luck

Ours is solid and secure as well.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I use mine frequently during the summers, but I'm a mere featherweight at 170 lbs. The ladder is marked as being capable to 300 lbs., but I don't know if that extends to the way it's mounted. And if the installers somehow missed running the screws into the wood framing under the rear cap, then all bets are off.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I saw a dealer down in Texas set a step ladder next to the ladder on the trailer and go up and down the step ladder...Don

This is what I do using the coach ladder only one the last few steps.