Had a bad experience today for warranty service :(

Well we had spent a weekend out in our Elkridge 35 QSQB and on Saturday evening I notices that the carpet in the rear bedroom by the bathroom door next to the Passenger side slide was wet. ARRGGG! Oh well I figure better to find out now while under warranty and before winter than not to. So we came home on Sunday and through some heavy rain and it is wetter than before. So I call Heartland this morning and let then know what was going on. They give me some names of some dealerships in my area that are authorized Heartland dealers. The first place I call had a long wait (at least a month) The second Place I call said that they don't really do warranty work on units that they didnt sell. I was getting a little annoyed by now. The next dealer I called was Coopers RV in Murrysville PA, they are about 1 hour from me. I talked to someone there and I must say that I have never talked to some one so rude in my life. He asked me If I bought the unit there and I said no, and that they didnt have anything that we were looking for at he time we purchased it. We got very rude and said take it back to where we bought it from. I explained that it was over 5 hours from us . he said "take it to where you bought it from, we don't want it" and he hung up on me. I was a little upset. I called Heartland and explained to them my situation. I asked them if this was common practice for dealerships and they said unfortunately, yes. What a shame! Heartland was very helpful They said to find another dealership (non Heartland) and they will authorize the repairs once they are made aware of what is needed. I found a dealership about 1 hour from me that said no problem and I have an appointment on November 8th to get it looked at. Needless to say I will not be doing any business with Cooper RV nor will I recommend anyone to this dealership. I just dont understand how non professional some people can be. Sorry for the long rant.

Brian

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
That stinks, I don't see how people like that can stay in business for very long. If they just understood how profitable it is to give good service and develop good relationships with customers. But then again maybe it's just supply and demand and they are happy being jerks.

wdk450

Brian:
There is a website called RVServiceReviews.com that you can post your service experiences on and look up servicers reputations before you use them.
Heartland service also has a list of 3rd party RV servicers they have had good experiences with.

I would also encourage any potential buyers to look at this site, and bring up those service ratings in talks with those dealers.

Bobby A

You did the right thing, contact Heartland and make them aware of this dealership, then come on the forum and make us all aware of your experiance at this dealership so we all can stay away !! and tell others to stay away. Good job !!, Thanks for making a thread.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Makes me wonder what happens to those full-timers on the road or to a family that moves to a new city/state for whatever reason. I hear these stories but fortunately haven't had to experience it! Dealers around here seem to be amenable to most any work they can find.

That stinks, I don't see how people like that can stay in business for very long. If they just understood how profitable it is to give good service and develop good relationships with customers. But then again maybe it's just supply and demand and they are happy being jerks.

I agree, good service will sell itself and word of mouth is gold any more. Oh well I guess they dont need the business?

Brian:
There is a website called RVServiceReviews.com that you can post your service experiences on and look up servicers reputations before you use them.
Heartland service also has a list of 3rd party RV servicers they have had good experiences with.

I would also encourage any potential buyers to look at this site, and bring up those service ratings in talks with those dealers.

Thanks! I'll check it out

You did the right thing, contact Heartland and make them aware of this dealership, then come on the forum and make us all aware of your experiance at this dealership so we all can stay away !! and tell others to stay away. Good job !!, Thanks for making a thread.

Yep! No problem. I figure this will keep someone else from the heartache of a bad experience.

Makes me wonder what happens to those full-timers on the road or to a family that moves to a new city/state for whatever reason. I hear these stories but fortunately haven't had to experience it! Dealers around here seem to be amenable to most any work they can find.
Hopefully they would make an exeption?

wdk450

My LOCAL selling dealer went out of business. Another LOCAL RV dealer picked up the Heartland line. I went to them asking about warranty service (when I still had warranty in effect). I got the same "If you didn't buy it here, I won't service it" B.S.