Help with my Dometic 2620

mobilequeen

Hi everybody!
This is my first post. I have a Dometic 2620 refrigerator in my RV.
The light on the right that controls the temperature works fine.
The auto/gas light is not working at all. The freezer isn't working
and I don't think the refrigerator is working either, although the
inside light is on.

I am not plugged in. I have propane. I have a generator.
How can I fix my refrigerator?

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Kathy :(

jimtoo

Re: Hellp with my Dometic 2620

Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You don't say what kind of unit you have or if the fridge is in a slide. Have you checked the fuses? Hopefully someone will be on soon to help out.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Hi Kathy and welcome to the forum. There is a lot of information about our rigs shared here.
The only thing that I can think of is that there is at least one 12 volt fuse somewhere on the back of the refer....I think.
Other than that I can not help.
I am sure others will chime in with their ideas for you.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

Kathy:
You at least have SOME 12 volts power evidinced by the inside light and the temp control LED being lit. These symptoms suggest to me 3 possible problems: A bad refrigerator circuit control board, bad/broken connectors/wiring between the circuit board and the readout (called the "eyebrow" on the refrig websites), or a bad control/readout board (eyebrow). The main circuit board is the most common cause of problems (from what I have read online) but also the most expensive. The wiring is probably the cheapest but hardest to troubleshoot. The control/readout comes in the middle. I would kind of doubt that your control board has 2 seperate problems (readout LED's and control).
Dinosaur Electronics has a reputation of making refrigerator circuit boards BETTER than the originals. They have troubleshooters that will talk to you and help you out. Do a Google search to find their contact info.

Good luck!!

mobilequeen

Hey everyone,
Thanks for your advice. I hope whatever it is isn't the most expensive thing to fix! :eek:
I found Dinosaur Electronics. They're in Oregon just like I am! I will come back here
and post when I've figured out the problem. I found a black box on the backside of
the refrigerator where the fuses should be. Unfortunately there's another box where
the power is plugged in in front of the black box so I can't get to it!

By the way, my rig is a '84 22' Lazy Daze with a diesel engine. She runs great and
her name is "Lucy". I Love Lucy! I've had her for about 8 years or so.....

I found this forum while looking for help. Is there actually a RV names "Heartland"?

Thanks again,

Kathy :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Lucy, let me splain something. There is a manufacturer named Heartland. They make several brands.
I think it is time for you to move up into a new Heartland product.
Check them out right HERE.
I think there is some web site construction going on now but you can still look around.

Peace
Dave

mobilequeen

Lucy, let me splain something. There is a manufacturer named Heartland. They make several brands.
I think it is time for you to move up into a new Heartland product.
Check them out right HERE.
I think there is some web site construction going on now but you can still look around.

Peace
Dave

Hey Dave,
Let me splain something to you! Lucy is my motor home's name, MY name is Kathy! :D
But believe me, Lucy's had lots of splainin' to do in the past, and hopefully she will again soon!:eek:

I still love Lucy, my Lazy Daze, but I will definitely check out a Heartland brand when I'm ready
to upgrade. Thanks for the link. I've heard of many of their brands and seen quite a few, too.

Even though I'm not a Heartland owner, I'm very grateful I found this forum. Bill Knight told me
to check out Dinosaur Electronics which just happens to be in Lincoln City, Oregon, which is where
I live!!! I talked to a really nice tech on the phone and he told me that they were just a manufacturing
plant and they don't work on RV's. But since I live here he said to bring it by at 4:00 and he'd
quickly check out my refrigerator problem. It turned out to be the "eyebrow" which is the top of the fridge
where the buttons are. He had an extra circuit board for the eyebrow there and so he replaced it and fixed the problem!
He only charged me for the part which was $50. Isn't that awesome!? Thanks Bill Knight!

Anyway, I think I'm supposed to purchase a Heartland RV the next time around. This was a really
cool experience that saved me a lot of time, money and frustration.

Sincerely,

Kathy :)

PS. Dinosaur Electronics has a 3 year warranty on their circuit boards and I highly recommend them!