Warped table tops

hotonpi

Hello - has anyone else experienced warped tables in their 3950? The table in the garage is especially bad (see attached pic). Mine is a 2011 3950 HD Edition.Warp 1.JPG

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I noticed that you have posted 3 seperate posts about issues with your Cyclone. You need to contact HL with the pix and also contact your dealer. I would also call HL with your issues and have your VIN# handy. Get the ball rolling before your warranty runs out. HL will take care of you if you do the proper steps.

Last edited:

hotonpi

Thank you, Bob. I called Heartland and found out I'm out of warranty. I do, however, have an extended warranty from another supplier, so I hope that takes care of most of the issues. Heartland was really excellent and is helping out by replacing the warped tables, some faulty cabinet doors and hinges and is sending some replacement trim tape for the section that is bubbled and peeling away. So, although they aren't going to do the labor, they're helping by sending some parts.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Good to know. Sending you the parts is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

In your other post about when the warranty starts. I'm unclear about why if you order a coach that the warranty starts then. When did you sign the final papers and take delivery of it?? Normally the warranty does not start until you take delivery. That would be no different that a coach setting on a dealers lot for a year. Ours was built 1 1/2 years before we bought it. Our warranty started the day we signed the papers and drove off with it.

hotonpi

I bought the coach in September of 2010 at the Hershey, PA show. I did not take delivery of the coach until April of 2011. Heartland says their warranty starts the day you purchase the coach, not the day you actually take delivery. In other words, if you purchase of their rigs on October 31st and then don't pick it up until October 30th of the next year (having never set foot in the unit), you will have ONE (yup, one) day of warranty.

jbeletti

It is my understanding the DOP (date of purchase) is when the warranty starts. By DOP, I mean, the day you sit down with the dealer, sign the final paperwork, give them the balance due and they fill out the warranty document that you sign. They then fax that warranty document into Heartland.

Some customer, for various reasons, need to delay they actual delivery from their dealer, beyond their actual DOP. And it sounds like this was your case.

When I bought my first Heartland, it was a 2005 model year. I did my deal and placed my order with my dealer in October of 2004 with a stated retail delivery date of April 1, 2011. I didn't want the unit sitting on my permanent site with the warranty ticking away and not getting used. On April 2, 2005, I went to the dealer, did my PDI, signed the delivery paperwork, gave them the balance owed, signed the warranty document and took the unit home. My warranty began on April 2.

Again, I understand that everyone's situation is unique and what I did does not work for everyone.

Jim

hotonpi

It would have been great if that would have been explained to me when I purchased the unit. The dealer and I worked out arrangements for winter storage and spring pick-up right there while filling out the purchase paperwork in September 2010. Had I been informed at that time of the DOP warranty start, I would have delayed the final paperwork until I picked it up the following spring. Instead, I naively signed away 7 (seven) months of waranty! And...now that I've had the coach in service a few months, there's a number of issues and no waranty to cover them.

TNEagle

I also have the exact problem with my table. 2011 3950 Full Throttle Edition. It was warped from just being stored in the position the factory stores them. Bought mine in Sept. 2010 but took delivery in Oct. Either way out of factory warranty. I did purchase a 7 yr. Star RV extended warranty though. There is a $100 deductable. I'm going to lay the table flat thru the winter and see if it straightens out.