Warning regarding couch w/ blow up bed

bowhunt73

In our new Greystone 33CK, I decided to try out the blow up bed / couch on our last trip. We used it and it was exactly what I expected. A few days after we returned home I noticed a cut in my floor in the shape of a half moon. I instantly went into kid mode and tried to think of what they could have done. Then (while I'm setting on the couch looking at the cut) I realized that it must be the bed. So, I unfolded the bed and the leg lined up perfectly. I guess that I need to put something on those feet to protect the floor.

Now comes the fix. I'm going to guess that they will have to replace the whole flooring??? That's not something that I'm looking forward to.

Just wanted to give a heads up.

Thanks.

Randall

Last edited:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Re: Warning regarding couch w/ blew up bed

Ransall,
You should be able to call Heartland Customer service and ask for a small remenant of your vinyl flooring then call a local vinyl flooring installer. If you find the right person they can put a patch in your floor and you'll never know there was a problem.

Good luck,
Mark

GOTTOYS

Should be a warranty issue in my opinion. I would get it over to your dealer before I did anything with it. The vinyl floor is loose laid, not glued down. It will be hard to repair without glue. Not sure how they will fix it. Probably need to replace the whole floor to make it look right..Don

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

I keep seeing the title of this thread, and wondering, how did you make the bed explode?! LOL!

bowhunt73

Yeah that is funny. That's what I get for writing this thread on my phone. I can't believe how easy the leg cut the floor. Yeap, I'm going the warranty route.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

I wonder if there isn't supposed to be some kind of protective foot on the end of that leg. Just putting a piece of cut steel with a load on it down on linoleum doesn't sound like quality engineering.