Fireplace Heater Issue

My fireplace heater starts to smoke and then turns off, I opened the fireplace and found that when I turn on the heater the reflector assembly barely rotates and then the cutout on top of the heater sparks and then the heater turns off.I need to wait about one minute until I hear a click and then the heater will start again but the problem persists.The light works fine the only issue is with the heater.I checked the connections but no problems found.I am wondering if the flicker motor is going and that is why the reflector assembly is barely rotating.

RollingHome

Most heating devices are protected by a over temp (O/T) device which is a thermal disk (originally made by Clixon Co.). When the disk gets hot it "POPS" open and disables the circuit. This is what is happening to you. It also means you have a problem that needs to be serviced by a knowledgeable tech. Get your unit to someone who can fix and solve your problem. You have a problem and you should not use your fireplace until the problem is corrected. Continual use of your fireplace is setting yourself up for at least a fire or worse.

noobee

Last winter I was having a 'noise' problem with my Dimplex unit while in Mission TX. Contacted Dimplex & they dispatched a technician to the RV park. He replaced the rotation device. Even though I was well out of warranty (3.5 years old) I was not charged for the service.

No matter who is the manufacturer, call them as I think you have a serious safety issue.

dalspot

Heartland has replaced the wonderful Dimplex electric fireplace in ALL their 2012 units with some off-the-wall brand called a Greystone. It's a... well, lets just say not half the quality of the Dimplex units. I've searched and can find no manufacturer or other website carrying a Greystone electric fireplace. If you've got one of the newer Greystone models, good luck getting it fixed. The thermostat on our isn't working. Had I known of the manufacturer change for 2012, I *never* would have had the factory install the fireplace. I would have purchased my own.