garage space for machines

electric6

I am wanting to pick up a cyclone 3800 with 12 ft. garage. I own a polaris rzr and 2 sport quads. A z400 and a Raptor 700. My wife and i really want to get one of these trailers, but need to fit all 3 of these machines in it. I met a person with a Raptor toy hauler that said he fits those 3 machines in his garage. Does anyone have pics of this cenerio? does anyone have the actual inside measurements of a 12 foot garage? If my toys don't fit I can't get one these campers. Thanks for any help. Weight wise I am fine. Those 3 machines are fine for the garage weight rating.

jimtoo

Hi electric6,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Hopefully someone with Cyclone will jump in soon with the information.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

sdrubrecht

I only have a 10 foot garage and our teryx fills it up, but it is bigger than your rzr. Our tyrex is only 9'6'' but because of the beavertail slope, we barely made it. Why dont you haul your toys to the dealer and try it out. If they see a sale coming, they should let you try to load it first. Our dealer let us try our teryx first. That way you will know for sure. Good luck with your search, we love our Cyclone.

Last edited:
I put 3 in our 3912, 12 ft garage. Grizzly 700 and Grizz550 next to each other. Back in the 700 first then drive in the 550 then either Raptor 700 or Wolverine cross ways behind them. If you have the original size RZR shouldnt be a problem. Over size tires might be an issue. Good luck!

CabinetmakerII

My wife and I have a 2012 3800 Cyclone that we haul our Arctic Cat 700 Utility Quads in. It is a tight fit and I have to use a piece of 1/4" plywood between them to get the fenders to pass by each other. One of the the issues is the "Bunk Bed Hardware" The space between walls is 96 1/2". The bunk hardware protrudes almost 2" from each wall. I back the first quad in, position it so the bunk hardware is between front/back tires. Slide the machine against the wall. I drive the second machine in frontward placing the 1/4"X18"X18" plywood between the fenders of the opposing machines to get them slip past each other. Our coach is in for warranty repair at the moment so I cannot give you exact front/back measurement but I know it to be slightly over 12'. Bottom line, it will take some inginuity to get 3 machines inside the garage. Particularly if you have the rear bunks. Also, I moved the fire extinguisher up off the floor to gain some more room. Good luck!

Cabinetmaker II

CabinetmakerII

My wife and I have a 2012 3800 Cyclone that we haul our Arctic Cat 700 Utility Quads in. It is a tight fit and I have to use a piece of 1/4" plywood between them to get the fenders to pass by each other. One of the the issues is the "Bunk Bed Hardware" The space between walls is 96 1/2". The bunk hardware protrudes almost 2" from each wall. I back the first quad in, position it so the bunk hardware is between front/back tires. Slide the machine against the wall. I drive the second machine in frontward placing the 1/4"X18"X18" plywood between the fenders of the opposing machines to get them slip past each other. Our coach is in for warranty repair at the moment so I cannot give you exact front/back measurement but I know it to be slightly over 12'. Bottom line, it will take some inginuity to get 3 machines inside the garage. Particularly if you have the rear bunks. Also, I moved the fire extinguisher up off the floor to gain some more room. Good luck!

Cabinetmaker II

CORRECTION! Just got our coach back from some warranty work. I measured the length of the garage... It is only 11' 6" front to back. Guess I need to get my Cabinetmaker eyes recalibrated.

How are you liking your toyhauler?
Hopefully you are thrilled with it.
Anything you wish was different about it?
My wife and I were a whisper away from pulling the trigger on one and backed out.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I just dont see how you can fit a 50" RZR and two sport quads in a 12' Garage. My 10' garage is 90% consumed by my 900 RZR. Now granted it is much larger then a stock 900XP but still (measuring the outside of my rear wheels it is wider then a CJ7 jeep). I have about 4" total to spare length wise. as the rear wheels will still rub the ramp.

Do what I did. I brought my RZR to camping world before signing any papers. Made sure it fit without any issues.

scottyb

Sorry, I'm not familiar with all of your quads. As someone mentioned, your 12' garages is probably 11' 6" starting out. The optional screen enclosure will consume another 6". I was more worried about the height and took my 4010 Mule to the dealer to try it out before I bought. To my surprise, the height wasn't an issue but the Mule is 10' 10" long and it only has about 1" clearance on each end. Of course the screen door enclosure would have been gone, and the 2nd bunk if necessary. I would say take them to the dealer and try it out. That was what I was doing in my signature photo, along with seeing how much my truck would settle with the weight on it.