Double Pane & Frameless Windows

dprince99

We're thinking about a new Cyclone 4014 HD & was wondering about your opinion on "Double Pane & Frameless Windows". We can't get Frameless windows yet, but would they be worth the wait? Thanks Again, Dave & Ginny

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dave. I don't know about frameless, but I would certainly go with dual pane windows.
JMHO.

Peace
Dave

branson4020

Icantre Member
Just my personal opinion, but I don't care for the look of the frameless windows. I'd definitely go with double-pane though.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes, We have dual panes and would never get a rig without them.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
We have double-pane (altho' not frameless) on our "classic" Landmark. They are well worth the money. We have camped in hot and cold weather and had no condensation on the inside of the windows at all. So no water running down the inside of the trailer from wet windows.

Delaine and Lindy

I have only owned on 5th wheel without dual pane windows, and want have another without dual pane windows. There are those who will say that the R-factor isn't very good, however the real benefit is keep the noise level down. We have had two 5th wheel with the frameless windows and we prefer the frameless looks much more professional for our use.. No issues at all. Happy Trails...

Dual pane windows are well worth the money.
I ordered them on my BC3450TS and don't regret it.
It does add about 150# to the rig weight though and does take a lot of weight out of your wallet, so I guess it balances out.
Take the time to order your unit and get exactly what you want.
Take the time and go over the option list, and compare that with what the dealer tells you and what you find on the Heartland Factory site.
There are sometimes differences between the three (3).
Then you can start asking questions.
You may also want to think about a fireplace.
We love ours, wouldn't be without it.
We use the parks electricity for heat instead of our propane.
Good Luck and Have Fun.

Hockster

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
are you guys . really thinking of a new rig ? maybe Bob and Jan will take the old one. lol. go with the double pane, I sure will on the next one

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Another vote for Dual Pane from me. My personal opinion of the "frameless" windows is don't wait. The glass is not even with the surface of the rig like I have seen on other trailers with this option. The glass actually is almost 1/4" out from the side wall. Again, this is just my opinion. You should try to find a rig with the frameless option and judge for yourself.