PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: GA, Elko - 3/16/2012 to 3/18/2012

Randy
10-20-2011, 04:11 PM
305 Highway 26 East, Elko, GA 31025Venue:------------------------------

TWIN OAKS RV PARK
305 Highway 26 East
Elko, GA 31025
Liza 478-987-9361
twinoaksrvpark.com (http://twinoaksrvpark.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $0
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $0

Details:
------------------------------

Number of sites held: 25
Site fee: $28.00 per night.
Club Member Event fee: 0
Non-Club Member fee: 20.00 per Rig
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 3/17/2012
Potluck time: 6:00 PM

Event Leader: Randy (click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=1108)

We are going to have a catered dinner on Friday the 16th and the potluck on the 17th. Santha is also going to do a white elephant on the 17th.
She is asking all of the adults attending to bring something of 10 dollars or less in a bag. Everyone will receive a ticket and draw for a prize.
Anyone drawing later can claim the prize from another person up to two steals. I hope I am explaining this correctly.
The catered dinner on Friday is being served by Yoders Restaurant in Perry. The menu follows.
Chicken
Scalloped potatoes
Green beans
Tossed salad
Rolls
Peach cobbler
Sweet and unsweetened ice tea

Attendees:
1. Randy and Santha Allen - Arriving: 13 / Leaving: 18 / Site: 64*Hoc # 1112
2. John and Judy Firth - Arriving: 16 / Leaving: 19 / Site: 62*Hoc #1650
3. Beo and Michelle Leurs - Arriving: 16 / Leaving: 18 / Site: 63*
4. Jim and Nancy Beletti - Arriving: 15 / Leaving: 19 / Site: 4*Hoc #1001
5. Michael and Kelly Barnett - Arriving: ?? / Leaving: ?? / Site: 3* Hoc #1817
6. Jerry and Mary Clevel - Arriving: 15 / Leaving: 18 / Site: 54* Hoc #1682
7. Eric and Dorothy Van Opstral - Arriving: 16: dd 18 Site:10 Hoc #1202
8. Marv and Karen Osborne - Arriving: ??/ Leaving: ?? / Site: 59* Hoc #1037
9. Doug and Mary Sloan - Arriving: ?? / Leaving: ?? / Site: 6* Hoc #1676
10. Terrell and Carol Stanley - Arriving: 14 / Leaving: 19 / Site: 5* Hoc #2016
11. George and Michele Lewis - Arriving: 15 / Leaving: 18/ Site: 7* Hoc #2051
12. Ed and Barbara Rauch - Arriving: 15 / Leaving: 19 / Site: 8* Hoc #1709
13. Dick and Reta Hill, Dick under protest - Arriving: 15 / Leaving: 18 / Site: 58* Hoc #1068
14. Paul and Sue- Arriving: 16 / Leaving: 18 / Site: ??* Hoc #1560
15. Dave and Julie Yocum - Arriving: 16/ Leaving: 18 / Site: nn* Hoc #1006
16. Sam and Christy Travis - Arriving: 15 / Leaving: 18 / Site: nn* Hoc #2085
17. Ken and Kathy - Arriving: 16 / Leaving: 18 / Site: 11* Hoc #1065
18. Joe and Linda Sjoble - Arriving: 15 / Leaving: 18 / Site: 61*
19. Ron and Ann Parrish - Arriving: 15 / Leaving: 18
20. Larry and Samantha Bandstra - Arriving 15 / Leaving: 18 / Site: 40*
21. TBD - Arriving: dd / Leaving: dd / Site: nn*
22. TBD - Arriving: dd / Leaving: dd / Site: nn*
23. TBD - Arriving: dd / Leaving: dd / Site: nn*
24. TBD - Arriving: dd / Leaving: dd / Site: nn*
25. TBD - Arriving: dd / Leaving: dd / Site: nn*

*Note: All site assignments are done by the CG, are tentative and subject to change. If you have needs for a specific site, be sure to state so when making your reservation. Sites 3-7 are in our grouping and are great for satellite reception for example.

Site Map:
Click image for a larger view or scroll down
to the attachments to download the image

Flying Dutchman
10-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Wahoo!!! Another rally to add to the calendar. Randy and Santha we plan to be there.

davebennington
10-21-2011, 07:42 AM
Randy & Santha

We have put this rally on the schedule,Twin Oaks is a nice park. Please try to keep the rain away this year LOL.

Randy
10-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Eric and Dorothy, It would not be a Heartland rally without you two.
Dave and Julie, Lisa said she would keep the rally rain free.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

ATLJOHN
11-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Hi Randy and Santha
We plan on being there. Have not seen you guys since Goshin. Until Mar have a wonderful Holiday Season. We are making our first trip in 2012 3-5 Feb at Stephen Foster sp in Florida. We are going with our group Roaming RVers about 10 rigs. Everyone is welcome we post our trips on rv net link.

John And Judy

Randy
11-29-2011, 08:17 PM
John, Give Judy a hug from both of us and the best of the holiday season to the two of you. Our first outing next year will be
Georgia spring rally. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

george.lewisiii
12-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Michele and I are new to Heartland and the HOC. We look forward to joining all of you at this, our first rally. Any recommendations on what to bring or expect?

We have confirmed our reservation with Twin Oaks. We will arrive on Friday the 16th and depart on Sunday afternoon the 18th.

George & Michele Lewis
Ft. Stewart, GA

Randy
12-12-2011, 06:16 PM
George & Michele, Welcome to the Heartland family and the Georgia chapter. We will be very informal at the Rally.
We have not posted an agenda yet as I am waiting on some feed back. Will probably know more after the holidays.
I am going to send a group PM to all the chapter members around the first of the year. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

2psnapod1
12-20-2011, 10:05 AM
We are hoping to attend! Michael has put in for a pass and if it's approved we see you then! Hoping to make this our 2nd rally...on our way to MANY more! Will confirm as soon as we know about his pass.

jbeletti
12-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Randy,

We "want" to be there with you guys. We will just have gotten back from TX via Indiana, hopefully with a new coach too :) But I'm sure Nancy will be missing the new house too, after being on the road for 6 weeks and she may want to spend some time in it.

ATLJOHN
01-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Hi Randy
We made our reservations yesterday and look forward to seeing you and Santha again. Sorry we not will see you Jim we wish you guys happiness in your new house.
John and Judy

jbeletti
01-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Hey y'all,

If you're thinking about coming to the 2nd annual Georgia rally - time's a wasting!

Our plans changed and we've decided to make a double header out of it. We're now planning to attend the GA rally, followed by the FL rally - woo hoo!

We're in site 4, which is left after the office in the first row. I'm attaching a site map in post number 1 of this thread.

See you in Georgia!

Jim

2psnapod1
01-08-2012, 04:45 PM
I've made our reservations and guess who's on site number 3?? Michael still hasnt put in for leave - but maybe this will get him moving! Can't wait to meet our Georgia Heartland family!

Randy
01-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Kelly & Michael, Tell Michael that he needs to schedule the time off. He will enjoy it.
John & Judy, Santha said that the two of you would be at the rally. How does she know ?
Jim, Glad that you and Nancy can join us. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

jbeletti
01-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Awesome Kelly - neighbor. Again!

Jim

jnclevel
01-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Mary and I will be ther for this rally! We'll be in site 54. See ya'll on the 15th.

Randy
01-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Jerry, We are tickled pink that you and Mary are joining us for the Rally. See you and Mary on the 15th. The Poodles will be glad to meet Koda.

brauch
01-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Hi Randy,
We are mapping out our rally calendar and are planning to attend this one.....and then go on to the Florida rally.
Will get back to you soon.
Happy New Year to you and Santha.

SmokeyBare
01-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Randy,

Please include Karen and my self for the Georgia Chapter Rally at Twin Oaks RV Park.

It'll be nice to see old friends and make new ones... Let the Rally plans begin.

PS: We called twin Oaks Park already

Marv

TandC
01-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Randy & Santha,
Called today (1-17-12) and made our reservations with John at Twin Oaks for the March rally.
We will arrive on the 14th and leave on the 19th. Have reserved site #5.
Look forward to seeing everyone then. :)
Terrell and Carol Stanley

DougS
01-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Randy, Please include Doug and Mary Sloan for the Georgia Chapter Rally at Twin Oaks RV Park. Called twin Oaks Park already and arriving on the 15th. Doug 1676

Flying Dutchman
01-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Made reservations today, will arrive 3/16 for site #10.

jbeletti
01-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Wow, this rally is really growing. Should be fun! Last night, I stayed in my rally site :). I was on my way back home from the Tampa show. This CG is really convenient when you need an overnight off I-75. Passport America park too.

Jim

Randy
01-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Marv and Karen, I still have that cleaner for you. Will bring it to Elko. Will be glad to see you two.
Eric and Dorothy, Glad you two are coming to the rally. Wouldn't be a rally unless you were there.
Jerry and Mary, Terrell and Carol, Doug and Mary all I can say is the more the merrier.

brauch
01-18-2012, 11:59 PM
We have our reservations!! Arriving 3/15...Leaving 3/19 Site #8
Looking forward to our first camping experience in Georgia.

Randy
01-19-2012, 07:48 AM
ED and Barbara, Welcome to your first Georgia camping. You will enjoy it.

hillsonwheels
01-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Randy, you might not want to hear it, but, I'm sure Santha will, :cool: the Hills have signed up for your rally. We'll be on site# 58. Arriving 15 March and departing 18 March. Hope all's well with ya'll. See you in Elko!

Dick

2psnapod1
01-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Randy, you might not want to hear it, but, I'm sure Santha will, :cool: the Hills have signed up for your rally. We'll be on site# 58. Arriving 15 March and departing 18 March. Hope all's well with ya'll. See you in Elko!

Dick

Yay!!! Best news I've heard all day!!! Can't wait to see you both!!!

Randy
01-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Dick, I am afraid to tell Santha that you are joining the rally. She said that you can cause problems.
She is already in bed. I will let her know about this. Give Reta a hug.

ALF
01-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Just found out that we are scheduled to move to Newnan, GA the first week of March! May not be upacked by then, but have just put in a request for reservations for this rally! You guys sure get to rally early in this part of the country! We look forward to meeting all of you! And seeing all of those we met at the National Rally this past June.
Jim...we are glad that you will be able to be at this rally too. We are looking forward to seeing you and Nancy again.

2psnapod1
01-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Paul & Sue - Originally from Milwaukee, WI (with time living in Rhinelander & Dodgeville as well) and transplanted to Alabama in 2009 for my husbands work, I'm look forward to meeting you in Elko!

ALF
01-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Paul & Sue - Originally from Milwaukee, WI (with time living in Rhinelander & Dodgeville as well) and transplanted to Alabama in 2009 for my husbands work, I'm look forward to meeting you in Elko!

We look forward to meeting you also. I am relocating for my work to Newnan, GA. We have never lived anywhere else so this will be quite an adventure. Moving down there the week of the 5th...starting work on the 12th...but still plan to be at this rally. Can't wait!

Sue

ALF
01-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Resevations are in. WOO HOO! We will celebrate our move to GA by rallying! What is more important....unpacking??? or Rally??? Of course the Rally will win out!!! See you all then barring any issues with the move from Wisconsin the week of the 5th.

george.lewisiii
01-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Randy, Santha & Gang,

Michele and I spent this past weekend at Twin Oaks and had a great time. The Singing Sams where there (quite a blast) and we all survived a Saturday full of tornado warnings and watches:-) A really nice little campground with good facilities and a great staff. We stayed in site 57 - which was just fine and quieter than I thought it would be considering its proximity to the campground entrance. We have signed up for Site 7 for the rally (close to the dog walk). We should arive on the morning of the 16th, but possibly on the evening of the 15th. We'll depart around noon on the 18th. Having completed Myron Mixon's BBQ Cooking School tis weekend, I am eager to share what I learned during the potluck. If any of you are fans of TLC's Pitmasters, Myron lives in Unadilla just 10 minutes from Twin Oaks. Despite how his character is depicted on the show, Myron and his team are great folks.
Cheers - George & Michele.

2011 Bighorn 3670RL
2007 Ford F-350 Lariat (SRW/Diesel)
Heartland Owners Club No. 2051

davebennington
01-23-2012, 05:32 PM
We made our reservations today, there appears to be some confusion about site assignments but I guess it will work out.

d.

Randy
01-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Resevations are in. WOO HOO! We will celebrate our move to GA by rallying! What is more important....unpacking??? or Rally??? Of course the Rally will win out!!! See you all then barring any issues with the move from Wisconsin the week of the 5th.

Paul and Sue, The rally is surely more important. Welcome to the south.

kkamshop
01-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Hi Randy, we just signed up with the campground for your rally - coming in on Friday. Liza gave us site #11. We will have our daughter and 7 year old grandson with us. This will be his spring break, great timing as we head to Jetty Park from Twin Oaks and then on to the HOC rally at Lazydays before heading home.

Randy
01-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Ken & Kathy, Thank you and the family for joining us in Twin Oaks. Santha and I really appreciate the response and support
We will have a good time. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Christytra
01-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Hi All, We will be joining you for the rally. We've owned our Heartland North Trail for several years but due to Sam's work schedule and weekday weekends, we've never been able to participate in what the normal world does! Now, just six months away from retirement eligibility, he finally has Saturdays off. We arrive on the 15th and may be able to stay until early Sunday morning. Right now we plan to leave Saturday afternoon. We attended the Atlanta RV show this Friday and are still happy owners of our North Trail. Nothing else seemed to suit us. So, we will be the little guys (travel trailer) in site 50!

Sam and Christy
Griffin, GA

Randy
01-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Sam and Christy, Santha and I went to the RV show on Saturday and the only heartland products we saw were North Trail units
Must tell you something about the North Trail trailers. I hope that you and Sam can stay until Sunday.

davebennington
02-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Randy,

Only 39 days left to register for the rally, and it looks like a sell out.

dave

Randy
02-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Dave, I hope you are right. I also want to post a reminder about the SE region rally in Pine Mountain Ga. the first weekend in May

davebennington
02-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Thanks Randy we still have alot of sites still available at Pine Mountain.

dave

Randy
02-14-2012, 11:08 PM
A quick update, I changed the date on the potluck to Saturday the 17th, Santha is going to do a white elephant on the 17th.
We are planning a catered dinner for Friday. We plan on going south this weekend to check on the quality of the food.
I assure you that I am qualified to do the job. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

jbeletti
02-14-2012, 11:45 PM
A quick update, I changed the date on the potluck to Saturday the 17th, Santha is going to do a white elephant on the 17th.
We are planning a catered dinner for Friday. We plan on going south this weekend to check on the quality of the food.
I assure you that I am qualified to do the job. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Okay - guess I won't have to come down this weekend to help with the food judging :)

Jim

Randy
02-15-2012, 07:52 AM
Okay - guess I won't have to come down this weekend to help with the food judging :)

Jim

Another set of taste buds never hurt anything. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

ATLJOHN
02-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Ha Randy what is a white elephant? Sat is St Patricks day. Anyone for Corned beef and cabbage.

John

Randy
02-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Ha Randy what is a white elephant? Sat is St Patricks day. Anyone for Corned beef and cabbage.

John

John If you and Judy want to fix the traditional Irish dish I know that it will be fine. Santha is starting to pick up things to to decorate for St. Patricks day.
A white elephant was a gift that is totally useless to the person that received it and generally was a expense to the person that received it. We are
asking that each person attending the rally spend no more than ten dollars on a gift and put the gift in a paper bag. We will draw numbers and and the first
person that opens a bag has to show the item to the group. The next person draws a number and can select a new bag or steal from the first person the item
they have. This keeps going down the drawing. Any item is limited to two steals. Santha will explain it Saturday.

2psnapod1
02-16-2012, 09:23 PM
FINALLY! Michael's leave has been approved so were are 100% for sure gonna be there now! We will be arriving on the 16th and leaving on the 19th.

Randy
02-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Kelly, Glad that you and Micheal are coming to rally Santha and I will enjoy meeting you and Micheal. I will add your names to the list.

jbeletti
02-18-2012, 01:01 AM
FINALLY! Michael's leave has been approved so were are 100% for sure gonna be there now! We will be arriving on the 16th and leaving on the 19th.

Woohoo! Neighbor :)

ATLJOHN
02-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Hi Randy and Santha
What is the theme for the potluck dinner. We will go with whatever theme is decided.

Look forward to seeing old and new friends.

John and Judy

Randy
02-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Hi Randy and Santha
What is the theme for the potluck dinner. We will go with whatever theme is decided.

Look forward to seeing old and new friends.

John and Judy

John and Judy, Santha was going to decorate the club house with St. Patrick green so I guess that will be the theme.

navyAZ1
02-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Hey Randy, you can put Ron & Ann Parrish down for attending. Just called and made our reservation we will be arriving on the 15th leaving on the 18th I guess? See y'all there!

Randy
02-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Ron, Sent you and Ann a PM. Tickled pink that you can join us. We will have to build a fire so we can tell some tales.

hillsonwheels
02-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Listen up everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Randy does not need a fire to tell tall tales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess who???????????

Randy
02-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Listen up everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Randy does not need a fire to tell tall tales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess who???????????

I Learned all my tales from Dick and he is a master of Very Tall Tales. Dick on a serious note if you would want to grill some peppers what do I
need to provide. They would taste good on potluck night. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

hillsonwheels
02-24-2012, 10:09 AM
About a $1,000 should do. :cool: I'll take care of the shopping! :angel: Maybe you should ask Beletti if he still has some left in his freezer? And, if that doesn't work, get Southern Nights to come, he's now a journeyman pepper maker from what I hear. I do know he was taught by the best. :p Wait..................Barb was there to learn at the same time! :eek: We're being over run by pepper makers..........and that, my friend is a good thang!!!!!!!!!!!

Having brought you up to speed, I'll now get serious????, I'll be glad to teach you how to make the peppers! :cool::cool:

Your BFF............Dick

archbarb
02-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Unfortunately, we won't be able to make Elko this year but I would like to say the peppers are tremendous idea...I made a bunch for Superbowl and they were a hit....easy to make and even easier to eat!!!!! Rock on, Dick!!!!!!!
Barb

Randy
02-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Dick I am a very slow learner so I would need multiple lessons on pepper cooking. Tell me what I need to provide on and the 17th and teach Me.

hillsonwheels
02-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Randy.......gonna quit messin' with you now. Be glad to do some peppers. I'll even buy the stuff. You can watch/help if you want. The "receipt" has been posted on the forum. Looking forward to seeing you and getting a Santha hug!

Dick

Randy
02-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Dick, you will never quit messin' with anyone. Thanks for agreeing to fix the peppers.
Santha has decided on the caterer for Friday night's meal and the menu is now on the 1st page.

brauch
02-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Just a suggestion for the pot luck dinner.....traditional Irish St. Patrick's dinner is: corned beef, cabbage and boiled potatoes. Yum, yum !!

2psnapod2
02-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Hey, anyone know if there is anything planned for a no meat meal on Friday? I see the catered meal consists of chicken, but some of us will not be able to eat chicken, beef or pork due to Lent. Just wondering as we can always just bring our own.

Randy
02-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Just a suggestion for the pot luck dinner.....traditional Irish St. Patrick's dinner is: corned beef, cabbage and boiled potatoes. Yum, yum !!
Ed & Barbara, The theme is going to be ST Patricks. The Irish food sounds very good. John & Judy Said that they were also making corned beef & cabbage.

Randy
02-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Hey, anyone know if there is anything planned for a no meat meal on Friday? I see the catered meal consists of chicken, but some of us will not be able to eat chicken, beef or pork due to Lent. Just wondering as we can always just bring our own.
Kelly & Micheal, As we were organizing this event we had to plan for the whole group and not individuals. I understand your beliefs but we have to cater to the
group. I hope I am explaining this in a fair way. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

2psnapod2
02-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Thanks, Randy we do understand. Was just wondering if there were others in the group that where in the same ordeal. We will still be there with bells on and just will be providing our on main dish. No big deal. See you REAL SOON.

SouthernNights
02-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Randy and Santha,
Sam and I are going to try and make the Ga. rally. I cant let Dick Hill camp without supervision.17969

Will let you know when we make reservations. Depending on the weather up north, we might shoot up to IN first so not sure what day we will get there yet.

Randy
02-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Larry, I understand what you said about Dick Hill. Dick does need supervision. Reta has her hands full. Dick does fix pepper's pretty good.
We would certainly enjoy having you and Samantha at the rally. Like to see the new truck. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

jbeletti
03-01-2012, 09:33 AM
...Sam and I are going to try and make the Ga. rally...

Cool! Look forward to see the Bandstras.

Randy
03-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Randy and Santha,
Sam and I are going to try and make the Ga. rally. I cant let Dick Hill camp without supervision.17969

Will let you know when we make reservations. Depending on the weather up north, we might shoot up to IN first so not sure what day we will get there yet.

Larry, Santha said this is great new's She wanted Sam to help with the white elephant. Her wish has been fulfilled.

SouthernNights
03-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Larry, Santha said this is great new's She wanted Sam to help with the white elephant. Her wish has been fulfilled.

I will let her know, I am sure she wold love to help.

hillsonwheels
03-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Did any one else notice :confused: that Larry waited until Randy badgered :rolleyes: me into making some peppers before he said they're making the GA rally? Just sayin'..............

Dick

SouthernNights
03-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Did any one else notice :confused: that Larry waited until Randy badgered :rolleyes: me into making some peppers before he said they're making the GA rally? Just sayin'..............

Dick

Oh , i did notice that .

Randy
03-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Dick, I don"t believe you were badgered. I think deep in your mind you know that only you can go to a rally
and do justice to the pepper's. Larry and I respect that and want to keep you on top of your game.

jbeletti
03-03-2012, 10:09 PM
If it gets me some peppers, I respect what Randy respects :) :)

hillsonwheels
03-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Sure glad to see there ain't no disrespectin' going on! ;) I still believe Jim has some peppers left in his freezer! :rolleyes:

Dick

Randy
03-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Sure glad to see there ain't no disrespectin' going on! ;) I still believe Jim has some peppers left in his freezer! :rolleyes:

Dick

If you gave Jim the peppers they are his to keep or eat. Knowing Jim the peppers are not in the freezer as of this date.
Would I want a frozen pepper or a fresh cooked pepper. Hmm, Jim can keep the frozen ones.

TandC
03-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Need something to do while at this rally :confused: ???
Exercise - your trigger finger!
The Warner Robins Police Department (WRPD) Training Range will be open to civilians on Sat (17 Mar 12).
The WRPD Range is about 25 miles from Twin Oaks. Cost is $5.00. For more info contact me via a PM or see me at the rally.
Terrell

Randy
03-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Terrell, Good chance for any of us to do two things on Saturday. Visit the Warner Robins Air Force Museum and get a little target practice in.
Santha is going to have me so busy on Saturday I will not be able to do either.

TandC
03-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Randy.
I understand - the better halves have a way of keeping us busy.
The WRPD Range is about a mile from the WR AF Museum.

kkamshop
03-06-2012, 08:57 PM
We were thinking about checking out the Confederate Prison site at Andersonville on Saturday. Has anyone been there? Is it worth the drive?

Flying Dutchman
03-06-2012, 09:21 PM
We went there last year, I thought it was well worth the trip. There is a reception center and you can tour (walk) the entire prison compound with a Park Ranger providing very informative narrative and description. A sobering visit, but a part of our fabric as a Nation. I recommend it.

Randy
03-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Ken & Kathy, I have to agree with Eric & Dorothy. It is a must see but it is also heartbreaking. A very important part of our history.
If you have time the AF Museum at Warner Robins will lift your spirits. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

jbeletti
03-07-2012, 08:32 AM
If you gave Jim the peppers they are his to keep or eat. Knowing Jim the peppers are not in the freezer as of this date.
Would I want a frozen pepper or a fresh cooked pepper. Hmm, Jim can keep the frozen ones.

Randy's right - the peppers are long gone! Thawed and regrilled them in Mission, TX for the early arrivals to the Heartland Owners Potluck at Retama Village. Yum, yum!

Jim

jayc
03-07-2012, 08:44 AM
And they WERE delicious!

SouthernNights
03-07-2012, 05:09 PM
And they WERE delicious!
Wow Dick. Your peppers have made it all the way to Texas. And if a Texan liked them, y'know they were good. They know their peppers out there.

jayc
03-07-2012, 05:22 PM
They just call us "Pepper Pro's...

Randy
03-07-2012, 07:12 PM
They just call us "Pepper Pro's...
Jay, they taste a lot better fresh. Just have to get Dick & Reta to head out to Texas. But not before He fixes peppers at the Georgia Rally.

jayc
03-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Dick, if you and Reta don't have anything to do on April 20-22nd, here's your invitation to the Texas rally. Bring your peppers and come on down for some good old Texas hospitality.

hillsonwheels
03-07-2012, 07:43 PM
JayC..........appreciate the invite, spent a lot of time :D in TX when working. But, we'll be headed up the east coast at that time. As said before, the "receipt" (that's how we said it in WV) has been posted in the forum for all to try to make and enjoy. An easy thing to do......make some and make some friends. Don't invite Southern Nights! :eek: He knows how to make 'em! :rolleyes:

Dick

Randy
03-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Dick, The question is this. If Larry knows how to make them are they as good as yours? Just wondering.

Randy
03-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Georgia Rally group, It looks like the temperatures are going to be in the low 80's for the rally. That is a far cry from snow falling on us coming back
the N.C. camp out last weekend. Santha is going fix green bean casserole and cheesecake for potluck.

kkamshop
03-10-2012, 07:59 PM
We will make a cornbread casserole - we weren't sure we would be there in time for the potluck, but now it looks like we can leave earlier on Thursday night, so we should be there early enough on Friday.

Randy
03-10-2012, 09:23 PM
We will make a cornbread casserole - we weren't sure we would be there in time for the potluck, but now it looks like we can leave earlier on Thursday night, so we should be there early enough on Friday.
Ken & Kathy, The cornbread casserole sounds good. The potluck is Saturday. We are having a catered dinner on Friday night.

SouthernNights
03-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Randy and Santha,

Sam and I will be coming to the Ga. Rally. We will arrive on the 15th (maybe 14) and leave on the 18th (well, maybe 19) . Anyway, site 40.

See you there.

2psnapod1
03-11-2012, 02:21 PM
In honor of St Patrick's Day we'll be bringing an Irish Stew.

kkamshop
03-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Thanks for setting me straight - somebody needs too!! :D

Randy
03-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Randy and Santha,

Sam and I will be coming to the Ga. Rally. We will arrive on the 15th (maybe 14) and leave on the 18th (well, maybe 19) . Anyway, site 40.

See you there.
Santha and I are both tickled pink. Get to see the new truck also. I am picking up the little brother to the 3500 tomorrow.

Randy
03-11-2012, 06:53 PM
In honor of St Patrick's Day we'll be bringing an Irish Stew.

Kelly, Irish stew sounds great. This weekend I spent in the Hormel plant here in Tucker working in the Dinty Moore beef stew prep and canning area.

ATLJOHN
03-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi Randy and Samtha
We are arriving Thur 15 Mar until Sun 18 MAR. Cant wait to see Jim and Nacy;s new rig.

See you all on Thur evening arriving about 5pm.

John & Judy

Randy
03-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Hi Randy and Samtha
We are arriving Thur 15 Mar until Sun 18 MAR. Cant wait to see Jim and Nacy;s new rig.

See you all on Thur evening arriving about 5pm.

John & Judy
John & Judy, Santha and I are going to arrive Wednesday. Larry & Samantha (Southern Nights) are planning Wednesday also.
You and Judy pack up and Join us. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

TandC
03-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Y'all,
Here's another activity you may be interested in.
The Macon Cherry Blossom Festival, 16-25 Mar 12.
Here's the web site: http://www.cherryblossom.com/
C U all shortly!!!

codycarver
03-13-2012, 08:02 PM
MAN, am I jealous. You guys are going to a rally THIS weekend and I'm still in the pink stuff!! Have a great time... we will be thinking of you. Come on April!!!

Randy
03-13-2012, 08:42 PM
MAN, am I jealous. You guys are going to a rally THIS weekend and I'm still in the pink stuff!! Have a great time... we will be thinking of you. Come on April!!!
Dave, I was born in eastern Oregon. I know what those winters are like. It is rough this week here in Georgia. It is going to be in the 80's.
Have to knock the ice off the palm tree. Well maybe just water it. LOL, Randy Santha and the Poodles

brauch
03-13-2012, 08:50 PM
Not a very good start to our day. Picked up the RV from storage, drove to the truck wash to get it cleaned up, and we noticed the back window was shattered !! What a shock. Glass all over the rear interior ..... must have shattered when pulling into the truck wash, since there was also glass all over the top of the storage box on the rear bumper of the RV. We called our dealer and made arrangements to drop it off there immediately. They are ordering an entire new window assembly, which will take about 10 days to get in. They are also in the process of cleaning all the glass out of the RV, and will mount a piece of plexiglass and seal it so we can pick it up (hopefully tomorrow) and we can bring it home to pack up and hightail it to the Elko rally. The service manager at the dealer indicated that (on the glass that was not shattered) there looked like there were pit marks as though small stones were sprayed up against the glass. That could have happened while in storage. The glass was not shattered when we picked it up at the storage facility, but the glass may have been weakened and driving the coach was enough for it to shatter. Very strange event. Hopefully, we will get to the rally before the end of the festivities !!!!!

Randy
03-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Ed & Barbara, This is not great news. Hopefully your dealer can get you back on the road so you can attend the rally.
It sounds Like you have very good dealer. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Christytra
03-14-2012, 09:44 AM
We should be arriving tomorrow after stopping to have our tankless water heater installed in the morning. We should be able to stay until Sunday morning. I'm planning non-irish for the potluck....pork roast with a spicy raspberry sauce and maybe homemade blueberry cheesecake ice cream if I can find everything I need! Meet y'all tomorrow!

Randy
03-14-2012, 07:42 PM
We should be arriving tomorrow after stopping to have our tankless water heater installed in the morning. We should be able to stay until Sunday morning. I'm planning non-irish for the potluck....pork roast with a spicy raspberry sauce and maybe homemade blueberry cheesecake ice cream if I can find everything I need! Meet y'all tomorrow!

Christy & Sam, Those potluck items are irish on ST Patricks day. Santha and I arrived about 1:30 and the weather is
wonderful. See you tomorrow. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Nabo
03-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Sorry we can't be there. It sounds like it's going to be a wonderful weekend. Have fun.

brauch
03-15-2012, 12:37 AM
Yahoo.......Dealer called early am.....we picked up the coach about noon. It ain't perty, but it is functional. We will be there at our scheduled day (Thursday)...shooting for between 4 and 5 pm. Yes, we have a great dealer. The new window assembly is on order.

Ed & Barbara, This is not great news. Hopefully your dealer can get you back on the road so you can attend the rally.
It sounds Like you have very good dealer. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

trdeal
03-15-2012, 04:12 AM
Yahoo.......Dealer called early am.....we picked up the coach about noon. It ain't perty, but it is functional. We will be there at our scheduled day (Thursday)...shooting for between 4 and 5 pm. Yes, we have a great dealer. The new window assembly is on order. Ed and Barbara, sorry about your window,but it sounds like things are still gonna work out for you. Sorry we can't be at this rally,but we will see you in HH if not before.

archbarb
03-15-2012, 05:56 AM
Hope you all have a great weekend....sorry we can't be there but we are having to "rough it" in Cedar Key FL...Old Florida with a huge attitude! It is gorgeous here!!!
Barb:cool:

ALF
03-15-2012, 07:45 AM
Wish we were there already... but we are still trying to get the house in some kind of order since the movers came on Monday. Just got the washer and dryer hooked up last night at 10:00 est time (still trying to get used to the time change!!!) and will be heading to Tennessee this am to pick up the Big Horn from kin folks house. We will be back to GA tomorrow to load up and head to the rally!!! Can't wait!!!

ALF
03-15-2012, 07:47 AM
Just noticed that our location is still WI....guess we need to change that to GA!

jbeletti
03-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Hi Paul and Sue,

Welcome to the South. Bet you miss the North country already. You'll assimilate to Southern ways before too long. Looking forward to introducing you guys here at the rally to a lot of my other friends.

We rolled in about 5:45 tonight. Passed a Sundance on I-75 that was pulled over on the side of the southbound lanes. Figured it might be Ed and Barbara Rausch. We called them and it was! They had a flat and were waiting for service to arrive. Guess service was running 90 minutes so a couple of Heartlanders rolled out there and got their tire changed and followed them back to the campground. Happy ending. Until Ed goes out to buy a full set of tires!

Nancy and I joined Dick/Reta, Larry/Samantha over at Randy/Santha's RV for dinner. Nice time visiting with them and other Heartlanders out walking their dogs.

Weather is great here but the mosquitos are just emerging :( No problem though - we'll don some spray or start wearing a Thermacell around our necks :)

Jim

mjatwalker
03-16-2012, 06:54 AM
Have a great rally Y'all :D

hillsonwheels
03-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Guess it must be the first time outta storage blues. :( Though we don't store our Bighorn, we had issues yesterday as well. Threw a Goodyear tread on the way up. We were blessed tho. Tire stood up so was able to limp to next exit for a Good Sam's tech to change it. Next exit up in Valdosta, a Goodyear truck tire store had six (6) load range Gs in stock (He normally carries around 30!) The bad news, of course, was the price and the coach damage. But, Randy sez he wins cuz his damage was worse. :rolleyes: Best news......no one hurt and because the tire held air, the service writer started a claim with Goodyear corporate before the tires were changed.

We lost about three hours driving time but arrived safely. Even better, the Bandstra's adopted us for the night and fed us! :cool: (Although there was just a little moaning about wanting stuffed peppers around 6pm.) :confused:

So, we're giving thanks in the Hill house!

Dick

hogan
03-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Dick, sorry to hear about your tire trouble. Enjoy the GoJa Rally and we will see you next week at Lazy Days. We are parked at TT Orlando just a couple of doors from Phil and Pam Lau who will also be at the Florida Rally. See you soon.
Hogan

2psnapod2
03-16-2012, 08:22 PM
We finally made it and oh was it worth the wait to get here. Thanks Randy, that dinner tonight was very good. The Amish or Mennonites are great cooks. Now for tomorrow we are just going to stay around the park and have a nice leisurely day of rest. What a great group of people. Meets lots of new friends and linked up with a few old ones too. We love the rally life.

davebennington
03-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Randy n& Santha,

Dinner was good we enjoyed it a lot. I will say it is somewhat troublesome having the oldest rig at the rally, we may have to cure that situation someday. The good news our refrigerator works great.

dave

trdeal
03-17-2012, 05:35 AM
Hey Dave I think having the oldest rig at a rally is kinda nice, especially when they look and operate as good as ours do.

hillsonwheels
03-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Maaannn..........that chicken was scrumdiliumptious!!!!!!!! :D I'm sure Randy couldn't have had anything to do with the caterer choice. :rolleyes: So, a big shout out to Santha!! :angel: Thaannk yew Santha!!!!!!!!!!!

Dick

jbeletti
03-17-2012, 07:52 AM
And the peach cobbler was "to die for" :)

Jim
my fridge doesn't work

SouthernNights
03-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Very nice rally Randy and Santha. Great location! Had a wonderful tie meeting new friends and seeing old ones.

Sam and I wish every one safe travels.

2psnapod2
03-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Kelly and I will be sticking around until Monday, but we wanted to wish everyone that is leaving tomorrow a safe trip to your next destination, where ever that may be. The Pot luck was outstanding, as I tried a little of almost everything and LOVED everything that I tried! The Heartlander's are not only great at picking a good coach, but cooking and gathering Too! Thanks for the great time tonight the white elephant exchange was fabulous. Great job Randy and Santha at putting the rally together.

hillsonwheels
03-17-2012, 08:51 PM
If you didn't have a great time at this rally.............it's your own fault..............AND, you're gonna have to deal with SANTHA.........:rolleyes: On the serious side, thanks to Santha and whatsis :confused: name for a great rally! Safe travels to everyone as they head out for where ever. Can't wait to see everyone down the road at the next one. As Cookie sez..........peace.....

Dick

jbeletti
03-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Nancy and I had a great time. Congrats Randy and Santha on another job well done!

Jim

brauch
03-18-2012, 03:48 PM
What a great rally !! Many thanks to Randy and Santha for a wonderful catered St. Pat's dinner. The Amish sure can cook!! The potluck pickings were super also. (including peppers.....yum, yum)
We want to thank everyone (Randy, Larry, Jim, etc., etc.,) for all the support and labor in helping with our tire blow out incident. Also, muchooo thanks to Larry for noticing that the other tires were not looking so good either. Changing out four tires without moving the RV was a real special feat. We now feel much safer with more reliable rubber under our Sundance. Heartland owners are the greatest !!!!
Tomorrow we head out for the Florida rally, and are looking forward to a trouble-free trip. (fingers crossed).

jbeletti
03-18-2012, 03:54 PM
We hung out around the RV most of the day. Worked on a few small items and just hung out with Heartland friends.

A few of us are heading to Perry for dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse.

We saddle up and head 7 hours south on I-75 to Lazy Days to settle in for the FL rally. Unfortunately for us, we're dropping the coach at Camping World next to Lazy days at 8 am Tuesday to get the refer replaced. So us and the dogs will be hanging out at Lazy Days with whoever else is already there. Thanks in advance for your hospitality :)

Another shout out to Randy and Santha - very nice job once again on the rally. Each time, the attendee list is a bit different. It's great getting a few new folks each time.

Jim

2psnapod1
03-18-2012, 04:04 PM
We had such a wonderful time visiting with old friends, getting better acquainted with others and making new friends. They days aren't long enough to fit in all of the wonderful conversations that go on around the different rigs. Only 39 days until the Gulf Shores rally! If you haven't yet signed up...do it!

Randy
03-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Santha & and I appreciate all the accolades. I must say that Santha handled the scheduling and decorating at the Rally I am a very lucky person to have
her as my bride. We hope the next Georgia rally will be even better in 2013. A thank you to everyone that was at the Rally.

Randy
03-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Santha also wants to know how Eric is feeling this evening. So do I. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Flying Dutchman
03-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Thanks for asking. It is like a roller coaster, felt very good last Thursday and Friday, but by Saturday evening really sick. Decided to stay in Twin Oaks today to rest and recuperate instead of traveling to FL. I will decide tomorrow morning (depending on how I am through the night) whether to continue with our FL rally plans, or head back north to Virginia for more medical intervention. Thanks to Sam and Larry for sticking by us, good friends are a Godsend.

ATLJOHN
03-18-2012, 08:37 PM
We made it home safe. We hope everyone else will have a safe trip. Randy and Santha you sure did another great job. The catered dinner on Friday was great as was the pot luck on Saturday.
It was great to see old and new friends. We look forward to our next rally. We are talking about maybe the Gulf shores.

Oh well my dreaming is over and back to work tomorrow.

See you all next time
John and Judy

ericandalice
03-18-2012, 08:39 PM
I really wish we'd gotten our Heartland in time to join you guys. Tough knowing there's an awesome rally going on in my home state and we have nothing to show for all this research. :) We'll try our hardest to be at the next one.

~Alice

brauch
03-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Was great to meet you at the GA rally and hope to see you again at the regional. Ed mentioned you had a 'recipe' for your black water tank without using chemicals. I would be interested in knowing that recipe. Till we meet again......

We made it home safe. We hope everyone else will have a safe trip. Randy and Santha you sure did another great job. The catered dinner on Friday was great as was the pot luck on Saturday.
It was great to see old and new friends. We look forward to our next rally. We are talking about maybe the Gulf shores.

Oh well my dreaming is over and back to work tomorrow.

See you all next time
John and Judy

hillsonwheels
03-19-2012, 06:56 AM
Well, the Hills arrived in FL with the same four "tars" all aired up! :D A big thank you to Larry Bandstra's good twin :rolleyes: for the assist with the valve stem leak. Turns out we could've stayed a day longer. For some reason I didn't get the message that my Dr's appt. had been cancelled until the first rest stop. :confused: So, we just drove on to Lazy Days rather than go out of the way to the house in Lady Lake. Reta managed to pull all that off on the fly going down the road. :cool: These new fangled inventions are something! I'm soon gonna have to get of the old rotary dial up with the long black cord! :p

Another big THANK YOU to Randy and Santha!

Dick

davebennington
03-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Randy & Santha,

You done good again, we always enjoy the Georgia rallies that you put on, this goes to show everyone what great Chapter Leaders you are.

We are in Bradenton, FL now, and we will be here until the FL rally begins. Eric and Dorothy were scheduled here also, I got a call from Eric last evening and he told me they would try to make it here if he felt better. Eric old friend, you health is more important than meeting up or rallies or anything else, take care of your self and do what ever you have to to get better.

dave and Julie

Christytra
03-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Thank you to all who had a part in planning and prepping the GA rally! We had a wonderful time. The campground is one of the best private we've visited. it's a shame it is so close to home so we'll never use! We arrived home before noon on Sunday and Sam has already arrived for meetings today (MON) in Charlotte. We hated to leave so early but knew time would be limited. We had expected to leave on Saturday. July 20th to retirement eligibility then no more work on Sunday! The Southeast rally at Pine Mountain is very close to our neighborhood but we're unable to attend. Sam will be sailing in the Mug Race (The world's longest river race) in Jacksonville, Fl with my father, brother, and son that weekend. I will be parked in Flamingo Lakes in Jacksonville in the Lone Palm (North trail) with either Sasha I or Sasha II (scooters) for the four days. Then we are off to Orlando to look for next career in SCUBA. Anyway, it was very nice to meet all of you. We'll look for you at the next rally we can attend! Those attending Pine Mountain and Tullulah that weekend, have wonderful times! "Isn't fun the best thing to have?"

jbeletti
03-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Christy and Sam,

It was really nice to meet you guys. Glad you could make it to the rally and not sure when we'll see you again but it will be our pleasure when it happens. You're a neat couple. Take care,

Jim

hillsonwheels
03-19-2012, 08:28 PM
I knew I liked those new folks!!!!! "Isn't fun the best thing to have?" What a satement!!!!!!! Christy and Sam........We're on your side!!!!!!

Dick

Randy
03-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Christy & Sam. I know that this was your first Heartland rally. Do not make it your last. Santha & I enjoyed your company.
Dick, I was only able to eat 3 peppers at the rally. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

hillsonwheels
03-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Randy, sounds like a personal problem...........you could only eat three???:confused:??? Real men can eat way more than that!!! :D

Dick

Randy
03-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Randy, sounds like a personal problem...........you could only eat three???:confused:??? Real men can eat way more than that!!! :D

Dick
Dick, the only reason I only had three peppers was due to the fact that there were not enough peppers prepared. When I went back to get more peppers
the pan was empty of peppers. A empty pan with no peppers is useless. Is that enough P's.

SouthernNights
03-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Got to agree with you Randy.Dick, when I find my good twin I will tell him what you said. In the mean time-you are very welcome. :D

kkamshop
03-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Hope it's not too late to add our appreciation to Randy and Santha for hosting such a nice rally... we felt so welcome even though we were out-of-staters!

Corey loved Twin Oaks for riding his bike and also really enjoyed helping with the white elephant!

We are home in Indiana again now, tired and sunburned but with some great memories!

Randy
03-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Ken & Kathy, We are very pleased that you took time to attend the Georgia rally. The two Sams, Samantha and Santha enjoyed the help from Corey.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles.