Cy 3010

Vtxkid

We got it! Awesome unit... Great RV for the 3/4 ton trucks. We have changed things up to best utilize the unit in the last 15 months of having it. Things to think about: we use the garage for our dinning area instead of the couch across from the kitchen. By doing that, we haven't been using the table for the couch anymore as it gives us more space and better comfort in the main area. Also, you can handle up to 6 people comfortably by setting up the garage as the dining room. Another nice thing is that the table can stay in place when you have guest that need to use the top queen bed at night. Raise the bench seats high enough to clear the table then fold the back portion of the bench seat over so it is flat across, afterwards go up and retrieve the queen and bring it down untill it hits the stops. Table is intact, bench seats are out of the way and the queen is ready for the night! Also found that coming thru the garage side door for access to the RV instead of using the door next to the kitchen cuts down dramatically on tracking dirt inside the main area (DW thought of that one!) As far as any problems with the 3010, had a couple minor issues but seems like most unit do... Glad we bought it!

porthole

Retired
Jerry, you have the "walk through bunks".

That makes for a great idea to open up the living room a bit.

rustyshakelford

During hunting season, I'll take ours to the lease for a little trip. We carry a 2011 Yamaha rhino in the garage along with our dog's crate. In sept we went boondocking in the Colorado mountains. Right now, I have taken the trailer to a week long class and instead of living out of a hotel, I'm staying at my home away from home and can cook homemade meals.

Brett

sdrubrecht

We love our Cyclone. It seems that all our minuses have been fixed with factory upgrades since we bought ours. We tow ours with a 3/4 ton but are planning on an upgrade as soon as the economy allows. It tows fine and on paper the weights seem to work. The reality is, although we are not too heavy on the rear axel, the truck is over on the gross. Our pin weight turned out to be 2860 with a full load of fuel, water, and our teryx in the garage. Wish we had the new opposing benches, they look sweet. We had to remove the upper bunk to fit the height of the Teryx roll cage.
We do a lot of trips to the desert and mountains, exploring, rockhounding, fishing, and hunting, and rarely stay in campgrounds. Works well for us.

Lynn1130

We love ours and so far have not found any "minuses". We have used it for short trips in-state as well as family dry camping and hunting. We have had up to 9 sleeping inside and while that gets a little tight it is not uncomfortable. I am looking forward to our December elk hunt since last year we had our old trailer with no heated underbelly. We did not freeze up but had to keep heat going to all of the underside on a couple of nights. I am not anticipating that problem this year. I pull it with a short-bed 3/4 ton diesel and love the 88 degree turn. No slider needed. I have had no issues getting up the steep grades to the mountains with a full load of water, fuel, and two quads. It pulls great. We also love the storage space this thing has inside and out.

We have a 2011, 3010, purchased last April and have loved it until recently. I tried Jerry's earlier suggestion about using the garage as the dining area, but our opposing bunks do not clear the table while it is up, strange.

Also, we discovered a leak from the underbelly last month on a dry camping trip to the beach and when we used the shower it leaked around the surround. (The door was sealed.) We took the unit into our local Heartland dealer after the trip for service they told us it was a leak behind the shower that caused both problems. They supposedly fixed it.

We have been dry camping since last Wednesday and spent two whole, different, days at a Heartland dealer in CA, an hour from our destination. We thought it was a recurrence of the original "fixed" issue however, when they opened up the bottom of our coach they found FOUR separate water leaks, one behind the water heater, two from factory screws penetrating a water line and a leak in our grey tank. We didn't have the several days to leave the coach behind so they closed it back up and sent us back home, issues still unresolved. Now, we have to take it back to our original dealer and hope that this time they take the time to diagnose and fix ALL of these issues.

We are super unhappy. Hopefully Heartland will stand behind their product and get these problems fixed pronto as we leave again in 2 1/2 weeks.

Vtxkid

We have a 2011, 3010, purchased last April and have loved it until recently. I tried Jerry's earlier suggestion about using the garage as the dining area, but our opposing bunks do not clear the table while it is up, strange.

jpentkoski, sorry to hear that your bunks will not clear the garage table being set in position... Don't understand that one myself. I know their was a change to the opposing bunks where the back portion, when folded down would meet the other bunk to the point where their is no gap but I would of thought the bunks would still clear the table... :confused:
Its good they finally found your water leaks... they can be one of the worst problems if left unchecked... Hope they get them fixed to your satisfaction soon!

Lynn1130

I too am a little confused about the bunk not clearing statement. If the bunk is coming down too far to leave the table up the bunk can be stopped above the table and the top bunk adjusted for clearance in-between. I found that a three step stool, (Costco) works great for climbing into the top bunk. It saves sore feet from the metal brackets on the lower bunk when you climb up, or at least that is what those sleeping back there tell me. It also allows my wife (5'3") to get to the storage areas in the garage and kitchen.

Then after I wrote this I started thinking about stopping the bottom bunk and cannot recall if I can do that. So next trip to storage I will have to look.

Vtxkid

I too am a little confused about the bunk not clearing statement. If the bunk is coming down too far to leave the table up the bunk can be stopped above the table and the top bunk adjusted for clearance in-between. I found that a three step stool, (Costco) works great for climbing into the top bunk. It saves sore feet from the metal brackets on the lower bunk when you climb up, or at least that is what those sleeping back there tell me. It also allows my wife (5'3") to get to the storage areas in the garage and kitchen.

Then after I wrote this I started thinking about stopping the bottom bunk and cannot recall if I can do that. So next trip to storage I will have to look.

You need the bunks to clear the table so the garage can be used as a dining area. Afterwards, bunks sent up to retrieve the queen bed and brought back down and stopped right before they would contact the table for overnight use. We also use a 2-step stool for reaching the queen bed and overhead cabinets... works great