Cleaning and dusting the wood

phix

What do you use on the wood cabinetry and table top to clean, dust and protect the wood? Endust? Pledge? I tried Murphy's Oil Soap but was not satisfied with the results. Looked for the product Cabinet Magic, but I suppose it is not made anymore..........

twohappycampers

I'd be interested, too. I know that in the manual that came with my Big Country, it said that all that is needed for the wood is a damp cloth now and then. I'm guessing this would be because the cabinets are "glazed"? Lorna

PS Someone wrote about using a soft paint brush to dust all the grooves that our woodwork has. Thought that was an idea worth passing on. :)

RanCarr

Murphy Oil Soap is a good cleaner. To protect the wood I use a good Lemon Oil, specifically Old English Lemon Oil.

Old English also have a web page for wood furniture care tips. One source of informaiton, similar to other sources as well....

Brian

I don't think the cabinets in most RVs are really wood as found in homes. It seems to be some kind of composition with a thin veneer of what looks like wood grain adhered to it. You can often see what's under the veneer on corners or where a bit has worn off or loosened from moisture.

brianharrison

I don't think the cabinets in most RVs are really wood as found in homes. It seems to be some kind of composition with a thin veneer of what looks like wood grain adhered to it. You can often see what's under the veneer on corners or where a bit has worn off or loosened from moisture.

My apologies for overlooking this fact. The OP has the Bighorn that has hardwood doors (similar to my unit). I am not sure of the remainder of the Heartland line.

Brian

RanCarr

My apologies for overlooking this fact. The OP has the Bighorn that has hardwood doors (similar to my unit). I am not sure of the remainder of the Heartland line.

Brian

I was told by a salesman in FL that real wood isn't often used due to cost and weight. In the larger, heavier and more expensive units, I don't doubt they use real wood.

jpdoggett

I use Pledge in my Landmark but i used Murphys Oil in my other SOB's and have had good luck with both

Wmnmy

I use orange glo it's great I use a microfiber cloth and do it twice a year keep all woodwork and fake laminate looking great summertime I do it twice because it soaks in good looks new..