Said it before, will say it again!

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Most advise from "what tow vehicle to use" comes from someone that is a first timer or someone that is so impressed with what they bought it MUST be the best. Actually the average person has no idea what "true deisel" or "torque" or "pulling torque" or most any other term used in pulling means. The "true deisel" is an in line like Cummins, I own a Powerstroke and yet bow to the Cummins. My truck is 12 years old and is a true modified "puller." I invested in a truck that has evolved into 1200 ft/lb of torque and a transmission built in Barstow CA as a "super trany" which carries a 350,000 mile guarantee. My 12 year old truck will pull the axels out of ANY new truck. It has air suspensions, bypass oil sytem, dual oversized tranny coolers, donaldson air cleaner, super gears in the rear end, geller filter for the fuel, Titan 90 gallon fuel tank, overloads and so much more. I pull Cabage Hill in Oregon at 55 MPH no problem. Stock trucks are what people talk about, most have no idea what modifieds can do or are willing to try it. I will match mine against any on the road. Also NEVER believe the crap about "you need dual wheels," just another story.

noobee

Most advise from "what tow vehicle to use" comes from someone that is a first timer or someone that is so impressed with what they bought it MUST be the best. Actually the average person has no idea what "true deisel" or "torque" or "pulling torque" or most any other term used in pulling means. The "true deisel" is an in line like Cummins, I own a Powerstroke and yet bow to the Cummins. My truck is 12 years old and is a true modified "puller." I invested in a truck that has evolved into 1200 ft/lb of torque and a transmission built in Barstow CA as a "super trany" which carries a 350,000 mile guarantee. My 12 year old truck will pull the axels out of ANY new truck. It has air suspensions, bypass oil sytem, dual oversized tranny coolers, donaldson air cleaner, super gears in the rear end, geller filter for the fuel, Titan 90 gallon fuel tank, overloads and so much more. I pull Cabage Hill in Oregon at 55 MPH no problem. Stock trucks are what people talk about, most have no idea what modifieds can do or are willing to try it. I will match mine against any on the road. Also NEVER believe the crap about "you need dual wheels," just another story.

Thanks for putting everyone down who is happy with the performance of their hauler... so yours is the meanest, biggest, baddest.... SO WHAT!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
"pulling power" is NOT the only consideration when deciding on a TV...having a rear axle capacity for pin weight, gross vehicle capacity and several other factors, including braking capability, that can handle your particular load, are more important than what size engine and torgue your have...JMHO....

funntheson

:eek:

Rodney_M

If I needed to make that many mods to my truck in order to pull my trailer, I believe I would just buy a bigger truck already suited to do the job. I have driven a half ton all the way up to a semi and none had to have anything beyond stock gear to do the job. Sure we can add more power with mods but I would never buy a truck and have to depend on having those changes in order to get the job done safely.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
These are the responses I expected.....some threaten and some agree......Hum? which one to believe????

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
If you do not believe in mods then you are happy with anything the manufacturers give you????? OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am NOT!

tmcran

If you do not believe in mods then you are happy with anything the manufacturers give you????? OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am NOT!
. I'm with ya those manufactures don't have a clue. That's why I hunt deer with a 50 cal. LOL.

Northern Virginia

If you had grunted at the end of your post I would have been convinced that you were really Tim Allen:)

caokgafamily

All my stock 2005 6.0 pulled my 07 3400rl weighing 14K + over 7000 miles across the US and didn't miss a beat. I even went through the Bighorn Mountain's after Yellowstone. When I got home I calculated my MPG and it was 10.6 for the whole trip! and I think it runs on Diesel? I always put the green gas in it.LOL
Steve

RollingHome

Rumaco, I’ve waited to see the responses. First SIR, let me say thank you for your services as a Chief Warrant Officer CW4 (retired) from the U.S Army... KUDO's, my hats off . But, "Chief", "Mister" did you forget your training ? Did you forget your manners ? Were not you trained in mentorship, to train others NOT to belittle them ? Common chief, you can do better, much, much better. Sir, you disappoint me and others. How about starting your thread again with a more positive approach. All want the best for their family and their selves, BUT, they buy and have what they can afford. You Sir seem to have a very high expertise level in TV's - others don't. You seem to have deep pockets - others don't. Instead of castigating and criticizing others, how about offering help and suggestions. For instance, I am not as well off financially as you. If you had one suggestion on making my TV better, what would it be ? A K&N air filter, bigger exhaust, a programable chip... comon chief just one idea for improvement ! How about mentoring others. How about helping others ! How about outing your expensive taxpayer paid training and your expertise to help us instead of belittling and talking down to us. Wouldn't that be an asset to you and us ? Just a thought "Chief" or is it "Mister" ? I respectfully ask you to do your thread again in a more positive manner to help rather than scold... I'll bet the threats disappear. I'll bet you get a more positive experience... By the way, others are still working for the company.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
The "true deisel" is an in line like Cummins, I own a Powerstroke and yet bow to the Cummins.

Looks like you should have bought a Cummins. My PSD has no mods and pulls my BH quite well. Sorry you had to put your engine at risk.

Also from my military service the Chiefs and Warrant Officers are the most respected. Even the officers were respectfull to Chiefs and WO's. Apparently you are missing those characteristics.
We were taught to respect the uniform. You are no longer in uniform, however thank you for your service.

BC
STG5 USN 1962-1966

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I to have driven every thing from a 1/2 ton pickup to an 18 wheeler. In line 6 banger to Detroit Diesel, Cummins, and Caterpillar. By the way then was grossing 80,000 lbs. East coast west coast smokey mtns., and rockies.. Now I pull a Heartland BigHorn with my 2010 F350 Ford 6.4 Powerstroke FX4 Lariet. Does just great. I didn't need to soup it up or make any modifications. Gets good fuel milage too... To each his own... I bought what wanted...
Larry and Donna Keever
Oklahoma City, Ok
2011 BigHorn 3585
2010 Ford F350 6.4 Lariet FX4
Transfer Flow 75 gallon Fuel system

jddugan

Just curious about the reason to start this thread Rumaco. Maybe just bored and trying to stir up trouble? Why do you now choose to chastise people who drive stock vehicles? In reading some of your many negative past posts I found the following posted by you:

[h=2]Re: Ford F450 ??????[/h]
Overkill and ROTTEN milage. Horrible costs of repair and well, to tell you the truth everything I pull (and that is daily) takes nothing more than a 350.​