Brand new 2011 SanteFe furnace does not ignite

SanteFe1

So we tried to fire up the furnace and it dosent light, just blows cold air. Any thoughts??? The water heater had to be repaired a couple weeks ago and were just a couple months into it, hope this isnt a trend!!! We love the unit, very comfortable but hope the issues stop. We have owned several 5th wheels and have had similar issues in others, im a little dissapointed in this one because I was expecting a little better quality for the price.

Our experience with calling Heartland for warranty work was HORRIBLE. I reckon its that way anywhere. Hopefully we can get her straighened out!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
SanteFe1, welcome to the forum.
A couple of silly questions, but are you certain that the furnace is getting LP? Has it worked in the past?
You mentioned that the water heater had to be repaired. Was it due to an LP issue? You may have a bad regulator.
Are you still under warranty and have you talked to your dealer?
These items are not really Heartland problems. They come from an outside supplier such as Atwater or Suburban.
Hang in there, someone will have an answer for you.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

SantaFe1:
First to your problem: If you had your water heater serviced, and the propane line was opened to air, you might have a bubble of air in the gas line to the furnace instead of propane. Have you used your other gas appliances some since the repair? How many times did you try to start the furnace? Did the furnace work O.K. during the pre-delivery inspection (PDI)?
Secondly, I hope your problems with warranty service was with your dealer/servicer, and not Heartland. You can ask to talk to a service supervisor at Heartland if you think you are not being treated correctly.
I hope this all gets resolved, but remember all of us fellow Heartland owners are here to try to help you. I think Heartland's participation in this owners group with National, regional and chapter leaders supported by them, along with their financial support of the rallies, evidences their desire to have happy owners.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I'm a little confused. I don't know of a "SanteFe" name on a Heartland trailer. Do you mean San Antonio or am I missing something new?

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
From my research the 2011 Santa Fe is a pop up that is Manufactured by Coleman RV.