No cable feed from outside jack to inside jack

Tumblebug

When we hook up a cable line to the factory installed external jack, we are unable to get a signal to the internal jack and TV. The amplifier and external antenna feeds into same jack but we have the amplifier turned off and still no cable signal. We are able to receive TV signals from the antenna. Can anyone help?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Same thing happened to us. I ended up running another line after 3 days of trying to chase down wiring. The first thing I found was several of the crimp on end connectors were loose and could be easily pulled off. Oh yeah, go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy a toner. You hook it to one end of the wire, it generates a tone that you take the other part to and see if you can get the tone. If you do that is the correct wire. If no tone, wrong wire. Helps chase them down. Happy hunting.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
A couple of things you can check. first I would check the crimps on your cables to make sure they are good. If you have a meter you can check continuity in your cable to make sure its not bad. You don't mention if you know for sure if the cable source is good so that is something else. You can also by pass your coach and run a cable directly to your TV. At least that way you know if the cable is working, then you trouble shoot from there. Good luck

Tumblebug

I have a good signal when the outlet is bypassed. Cable feed directly to TV. I will check the crimps and connections later today.
The MPG is fairly simple no long runs of cable inside.

Tumblebug

I inspected the outside cable connection and found NO connector at all:mad:. The wall plate appears to be a ANTENNA TEK rv wall plate/power supply. PN# 065840. The cable from the antenna also fell out of the wall plate. So more faulty crimps!

A link to the wall plate/amp Page two has the wall plate wiring diagram.

http://www.antennatek.com/pdf/omni_manual.pdf

Last edited:

Tumblebug

I now have antenna with amp, a cable and satellite outlet inside. Added another cable outlet, then replace bad connections. Ready for Sat and local channels over the antenna. Will hookup to the Satellite over the weekend.

pegmikef

Well, at least they are consistent with their connector crimping . . . makes troubleshooting easier, but I just don't understand why Heartland has so much trouble with this and it seems to be across all models.

Tumblebug

After redoing the connection, I now have satellite TV through the outside connection. Now just to get that darn remote programed to the TV

camr

This seems to be an issue that Heatland chooses to ignore. If a potential employee shows up wearing two left shoes and his underwear on the outside of his pants, they scream "Hired" and send him off to the Sat. and TV cable department where they arm him with a crimper and turn him loose against us. We then spend countless hours tracing the problem, then we post the problem on this forum, and Heatland, once again, chooses to ignore it. It is a vicious circle, and we get to play whether we like it or not.
On a more serious vain, I really do not remember so very, very many posts about the cable and connector crimping probelms a couple of years ago. You would think that if Heartland management truly read these posts that they would something about it.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Why doesn't Heartland just send the connectors to us in a bag when we buy the unit since most of us have had to redo the connections anyway? I spent 3 days chasing mine down and found two drops totally missing and 3 had bad connections. What a big huge PITA. CMON MAN!