From 80 to 25?

skyguy

That's temps, not routes!

80 degrees yesterday, only gonna be in the mid twenties tomorrow! Six inches of snow predicted. Mid teens by Wednesday night. Got the BH winterized finally this past weekend.

I have learned the RV's plumbing will survive a dip into the mid 20's, if it's brief, and 50-60 degrees during the day. But a day only in the mid twenties...

I guess summer is over...

Al S,

ncc1701e

Re: From 80 ro 25?

Good Morning Sky Guy, We are leaving for the Smokies and on to Charleston, SC this Thursday. I've been watching the weather in Colorado Spings with interest. From Charleston we go up to Myrtle Beach for a week. With all that said, the next week is traveling to Colorado Springs for Thanksgiving. I suspect we will leave the trailer in KY and not chance your weather swings for late November. But, I would love to start a conversation on campgrounds in the Colorado Springs area as next year we should be coming through the area on our way to the National Rally in Wyoming.

TXBobcat

Fulltime

I would love to start a conversation on campgrounds in the Colorado Springs area as next year we should be coming through the area on our way to the National Rally in Wyoming.

Don't want to hijack this thread but we stayed around Colorado Springs this August. See this review on RV Park Reviews for Mountaindale RV Resort. I did look at Garden of the Gods and DW was really happy we didn't try to stay there. Mountaindale is a ways from the city but it is a great place to stay. If you would like to see some of my photos of the park send me an email.

BC

gjackson

But, I would love to start a conversation on campgrounds in the Colorado Springs area as next year we should be coming through the area on our way to the National Rally in Wyoming.

We also stayed at Mountaindale. It's about halfway between Colorado Springs & Canon City. It's very nice, quiet, with spacious gravel sites. (The picture in our profile was taken there). We looked at several other parks and the only one that might have been of interest to us, located in the city, was Foot of the Rockies. We loved the wildlife that roamed through Mountaindale and will definitely go there again when in the area.

Attachments

• Mountaindale - Big Horn 'cabin'.jpg
    Mountaindale - Big Horn 'cabin'.jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 24

skyguy

Back on topic, I thought I would upload some photos for comparison...
First one is yesterday 65 degrees. Then this morning, 28 degrees. Temps expected to go down, and snowfall total up.

Al

Attachments

• IMG_20111025_085808.jpg
    IMG_20111025_085808.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20111026_085117.jpg
    IMG_20111026_085117.jpg
    592.9 KB · Views: 20

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Not quite as bad here in Northern Virginia, but we are expecting a temp change from 71 today to 41 on Sat. Quite a swing for us!

Hi Al;

It's cold here in Wyoming also, FROM 25-TO-85. Friday morning we're leaving for Arizona for the winter. We had a dusting of snow here last night and it is to be in the teens for the next couple of nights. Have a great winter!

Take care,
Ron & Brenda