Water Pump

chilidog

Hey all,
I was wondering if any of you have the same problem. While dry camping and with my water pump turned on, the pump will activate about every 10 minutes to build pressure up again even if we aren't using the water. It seems to me that there must be a leak to make the system loose pressure. Any of you pro's out there have some in site? Thanks...

branson4020

Icantre Member
The check valve on the output of your water pump is not perfect. Pressure leaks down after time. I wouldn't worry about it.

Crumgater

Every 10 minutes seems like a lot to me.
We go days without a pressure adjustment. The pump only runs as we use water.

olcoon

Our Elk Ridge is the same way. We don't use the pump that often, as we usually camp with city water. This summer where we work camped, the campground had very low water pressure, and we had to keep the tank full so we'd have pressure to take a shower. Just had it turned on when in the shower, but sometimes we'd forget, and I never heard the pump come on unless we were running water.

mlburst1

I’d be very suspicious of a minor water leak.

Using your hand and a flashlight, check under the bathroom vanity and kitchen sinks for a tiny leak.

If they are dry, check the outside shower connections – both inside and out.

Open the basement and check behind the UDC – may be a tiny leak or cracked fitting there.

Also check the hot and cold water connections to the hot water heater for a minor leak or cracked fitting.

If you are parked on a cement pad, look for a drip on the pad from under the rig.

The water pump check valve would be my last guess.

Happy hunting!

Lamphere

We had the same problem, when running off tank water the pump would run about every 10 minutes. We took it back to the dealer and they said it was bad and replaced it. I would have it checked.

wdk450

You know, the check valve on the output of the pump theory makes sense to me. Along with the fact that just a small bit of debris in the water lines could actually work its way back to the pump and lodge in the check valve. And we all know how absolutely clean the assembly line areas are kept (evidenced by all the debris we find behind the UDC in the plumbing and electrical rats nest). That could even explain why some people have this problem and some don't. Not erratic check valves, but erratic levels of debris in the assembled water lines. Just a bit of sawdust would do it.

olcoon

If they are dry, check the outside shower connections – both inside and out.

Like Mike said, last Dec. I kept getting water in the basement near the UDC, seems somehow the outdoor shower valves kept "getting turned on", even though we never used it. I finally got tired of it, and put shut off valves on the back of the UDC for the hot & cold water on the outside shower. So far that's fixed the problem.