Freestar Tires

Uncle Rog

Howdy, I think this deserves a thread of it's own. "Red Neck Life" is storing their 3670 at my compound, temporarily. I did not go to the second PDI when they actually picked up their unit. Yesterday I noticed the "Freestar" tires on the rig. They have exactly the same tread pattern as the GY's, they have 4 steel plies in the tread and 2 steel plies in the sidewalls just like the GY's and they are re-groovable. I think this speaks volumes to the subject of tire quality. It appears that Heartland is trying to upgrade the quality of the rubber on their units...... good for them. I am sure that this forum and the experience of "trial and error" helped influence this decision. I hope this is a sign that the "industry standard" is being raised up a notch...........UR

Dale Smith

Frestar Tires

Just went outside and checked my 2008 Bighorn 3055 and it has the Freestars on it. They are still China Product.....but by what you are saying are they a better product? I can't say that I am a tire expert.

Thanks,

Uncle Rog

Dale, just read your question, the Freestars seem to be a better tire. The tread pattern seems more efficient and the plies are the same as my GY's. There is no way for me too tell if they are better, only time will tell.......
Good Luck............UR

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Tireco makes: Freestar--Geostar--Milestar--Nanco--Nankang. I have done so much reading about Chinese made tires, it would gag a maggot. It really surprised me to find out all the major companies have plants in China. The only one not selling Chinese tires in the U.S.A or abroad under there name was Michelin. I guess one needs to look for the made in U.S.A logo. Google and forum searches on Chinese tires are generally the same as here problems.
Last year when Goodyear workers were on strike, I seen a picture of the workers on the picket line with a Chinese flag in the background , guess I know why now.
The Freestar and Milestar tires are the same tire made at different plants. I haven't read a whole lot about this brand on Rv's but KZ Rv forum were having problems with this brand. Check tires and HAPPY TRAVELS. Ken