Pump stopped working, was working 5 minutes earlier

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I finally finished winterizing my rig last night and thought I would just finish off the remaining antifreeze by pumping it all into the rig and not having any leftover. Went to turn on the kitchen faucet and there was no pressure. Not sure what is going on here because I had already completely winterized the system using the pump just 5 minutes earlier. All I was trying to do is finish off the leftover antifreeze. I looked at my control panel to see if I had maybe turned it off and forgotten just that quick. I looked and the light was off. I turned the switch and no light in either position. I looked at the fuse in the fuse panel and it is just fine. Pulled it out an looked at it---fine. So I checked the fuse at the pump. It to if fine. SOOOOO, what do you all think is the next step? I figure I might have to start by tracing the wires to see if there is a short somewhere, but if there is I am sure one of the fuses would have burnt. I also figure I might hav eto pull the panel and chack the connection to the switch. Any other thoughts.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The pump may have an overheat sensor to keep it from restarting if "hot"??? For troubleshooting, I'd start at the pump connection and see if the pump has power coming to it and work back from there if necessary. Good luck!

I really feel for you guys that have to winterize so early. Certainly shortens the RV season.

My pump went out exactly like you are saying, worked one minute not the next. Tested it at the fuse at pump make sure you test this one (1 foot from pump itself) By checking for power with switch on and then switch off. If you have power at the pump fuse then pump itself is bad. I actually had extended warranty on my rig and they paid for replacement minus my $100.00 deductible.

jbeletti

Mark,

Break out the VOM and start checking for power. If you still have the wall down, check at the pump on the output side of the fuse holder and also use the ground going to the pump. Maybe you have a loose ground. Dave Yocum had an odd pump issue when he was in AK and used a work around. His classic LM has 4 pump switches, so a bit more complicated.

Jim