Replacing Window Shades

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Has anyone replaced the back window shades. I am thinking of replacing our back window shade.. The bottom edge is bowed when you put it up and does not look so great. I am thinking of looking into a Roman shade, It most likely will have to be a custom made one.. If it works out I will then look into the dining window and maybe the sofa window. Just wondering what others had done.

gjackson

We purchased 9/16" cellular shades for our RV. The one in our back window can be raised or lowered, which we really like. We ordered through selectblinds.com and the service was exceptional (ordered on Sunday, received on Thursday). They fit the windows perfectly. They carry wooden blinds and Roman shades as well. Best of all, the price is right!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I replaced the rear window day/night shade with Levelor vertical blinds from Lowe's. They cut them to fit right in the store since I didn't need anything special in terms of opening hardware. Really simple to do and they work great.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Where are you parked in the picture and is that a gazebo shaped screen tent in the back?

Theresa

We were parked on our seasonal site (Indian River RV Resort & Campground) and that was (repeat, was) our brand new $140 Coleman screen tent. We went home for a few days and a windstorm came and knocked it over, ripping the screening and nylon on top, along with bending a couple of poles. Learned two lessons: 1) Don't leave screen tent up all the time anymore, and 2) Don't buy expensive Coleman tents. Our next one was a $39 job from WalMart that actually seemed better than the Coleman in terms of air flow and comfort. And easier to set up/take down.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We replaced several of the day night shades with wood blinds from a home center. we special ordered for a good fit. The rear is 1-3/8" and the slide windows are 1". Now we can open & close or adjust the blinds with one hand. We store for travel in the up position and stuff foam around the blind in the valance just in case. It keeps em from floppin.

Attachments

• Rear Window Blinds.jpg
    Rear Window Blinds.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Loveseat Blinds 2.jpg
    Loveseat Blinds 2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Dinette Blinds.jpg
    Dinette Blinds.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 82

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
How did you remove the cornice around the windows? Thanks, Ron & Norma
Depending on the location of the window, in the rear, ours had screws up top going into the overhead cabinet bottoms. You will have to feel for them of use a mirror to see up into the header. The lower side pieces have screws hidden in the fabric folds. For the windows on the sides of the slide outs, there should be one or two screws into the overhead cabinet and another in the upper corner of the fabric fold. It's hidden pretty good. The same applies for the lower sides. You will need the standard #2 square drive screwdriver.