Dometic RM1350 IM Control Board

57chevyconvt

FYI - If you suspect the control board as the culprit for the refig not working properly, you might want to check the connections on the 3 amp fuse where it plugs into the control board. About 3 months ago I replaced the control board because intermittent operation of the refig. The new control board solved the problem. After a thorough inspection of the original board, I found a loose connection on one side of the 3 amp spade mini fuse. I bent the board mounted tangs so the that fuse is now make good contact. I have not reinstalled the suspect board to see if this solved the problem. What lead me to believe it was a bad soldier connect or some other type of loose connection was the fact that I could tap on the board and the refig would start working normal for an hour or so or even a day before returning to the E0 fault code. Just my observations.

jimtoo

Good information Jim... Thanks for checking this out as it could help someone that is out of warranty and save them a bunch of money. Do need to make sure that if someone does this that all the power is disconnected from the fridge,,, both 12v and 120v.

Jim M

57chevyconvt

Jim,
Execellent observation. Actually one needs to disconnect total power going to the RV before attempting to work on the refrigerator, just unplugging the 110 volt AC at the refrig is not enough. The 12 VDC is feed from the battery as well as the inverter. After disconnecting total power input including the battery, wait a few minutes for the 12 Volt DC system power to bleed down. There is an inline fuse that supplies power to the refrig but I elected to disconnect all the power to the board so that I don't over look some incoming power. It only takes one mishap to fry the board.