Separating Ceiling Panel

Paul_W

I have a ceiling panel in the master bedroom of our Sundance XLT fifth wheel that is warping and separating from the ceiling. It is the first panel above the top shelf of the headboard. At first I thought the trim piece joining the paneling of the headboard and the ceiling had come loose but further inspection revealed that a small section of the ceiling panel itself was warped on the left side. When you push it back up against the substrate it doesn't feel tacky at all. Does anyone know what holds those panels up? I can't find any evidence of fasteners. The roof seam outside where it joins the front cap is pristine. I can't find any evidence of leakage. Looks like a two hour trip to the dealer for me. I suppose I should be glad it's under warranty. <sigh>

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Paul, our Bighorn had a few spots sagging about a half inch in the bedroom area. Our rig has the aluminum rafters. I bought a few Clear Rosettes and screwed the ceiling up as needed. I spaced the Rosettes equally. Rosettes used to be used yeas ago in rv's and mobile homes to secure ceiling panels. It ally doesn't look that bad. I think they use small pin nails or brads now and caulk the indentations. With aluminum rafters I don't think the brads hold as well as screws.