Refrigerator won't start

Rodbuster

Hi everybody,
Haven't been on the forum or used the RV in about 3 months for a few different reasons. Well, things are starting to get back in order around here so we planned to leave with the RV this coming Monday for a week on the west coast of Florida.
I went out about 1/2 an hour ago and tried to start the refrigerator so the wife can start putting food in tomorrow. I'm plugged in to shore power (50 amp) and my propane tanks are full.
I hit the on/off switch and then the "auto" switch.... nothing happens except for the display reading 60. I do not hear any type of noise at all to make me think that the unit is running.
Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something.
I have checked my breakers and fuses also.
I have also tried just running on LP.
Am I right in assuming that I should hear some type of noise telling me that the unit is running or is it just as simple as I am being impatient and I should give it a little more time to start cooling?

The unit is 2012 Key Largo. (Dometic RM 1350)

You people have helped me so much before, hope you have something for me this time also.
Rodbuster

57chevyconvt

With the refrig turned on in the 'auto' position, you will not hear any thing running since you are connected to shore power. If you what to check to see if it will operate on LP gas, engage the 'off/on' switch until the LP gas indicator lights up. Prior to swithing to LP gas, purge the air from the LP lines by lighting the stove burners. When the LP gas is iginites, you can here the burner operation from the lower inspection cover on the outside of the trailer. If the interior box light doesn't illuminate when the refrig door is opened, you have a 12 VDC fault. There is a 4 or 5 amp fuse (automotive spade type fuses that can be purchased from Radio Shack) in the 12 volt DC power supply to the relay and control board. If the LP burner doesn't light after purging the lines, the burner might be stopped up with a spider mite web. I can give you more info on how to clean the burner via a 'private message.'

What code (refer to the back few pages of your owners manual) if any is showing on the 'eyebrow' digital readout? If you see a code E0 on the eyebrow readout, it could be a fuse problem on the control board. Since you are getting a read out of '60' that tells me that you just need to wait awhile for the unit to start doing its thing.

Bobby A

When I have had mine off for a period of time, it will read 60 degrees for several hours then start going down.

TedS

You won't hear anything on shore power and AC until the cooling fan comes on sometime during the cooldown time. Temperature numbers start at 60 until refrigerator temp gets below that.

lwmcguir

The quick way to know if you are in the cooling mode is to pull the panel off the outside and feel the boiler/heater very carefully. It should be very hot on electric and you can hear/see the burner on propane. As the other posters stated it will take a while and we usually allow at least 24 hours for the cool down. More in hot weather.