Its all in the dealer

After reading many of the comments from other owners who have had trouble getting problems fixed on their heartland products I have to agree with those who have gone to RV Capitol in Elkhart for repairs.They do good work. They also have electric hook ups outside in case you have to over stay for some repairs.
We bought a new 2008 Bighorn form Rob at Great Lakes Rv this April and though most of the deal was done via e-mail everything worked out very well. We picked up our new unit in April on our way back from Alabama.The new unit was being prepped at RV Capitol when we arrived.Rob had us pull our rig over to RV Capitol and we were able to park both units side by side so we could transfer belongings from door to door.
The team at RV Capitol took very good care of us to make sure everything we needed was there and to answer our quetions.This was the 2nd unit we have purchased from Rob Reid at Great Lakes RV and a friendlier and helpful person we have never come across.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Pine tree
You are correct. The dealer really makes the difference. Our dealer fixed everthing that I wanted them to doand did a good job on the repairs. The only problem is that it took them so long to do things. Onr month to do 4.5 hours of work, then 1 month and 2 days to do 28.1 hours of work. Service is the biggest problem.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Thats for sure, before we left our trip we had 4 things for the dealer to do. Screwed all but one, waste of time going in there. We are currently in Elkhart in preparation for the Rally and couldn't get one of the legs down. Called RV Capital and a teck stopped by the campground to have a look and it appears the whole jack needs to be replaced. So hear we are hooked up and can't go anywhere. Tech checked some of the work that was supposed to be done and agreed not done right. Ridiculous, waste of time and fuel going to these dealers. Hope I can get everything down down here instead of relying on my dealer in Calgary..../Doug

arisce

It seems such a shame that many dealers can not service our BHs properly and efficiently, as the product is really a good, solid coach. As many of the readers of this forum know, we had a very bad experience with our dealer here just outside Montreal in Quebec last summer. It took 2 months to repair the damage from our blowout so we did not camp in the summer last year. Heartland and this dealer parted ways since then.
However the replacement dealer that Heartland found, Roulettes Lupien in Drummondville, did a wonderful job repairing the side of the trailer and replacing the awning. (People at the rally will remember our "awning".)The owner himself was out with us, up a ladder to do a minor adjustment and his son came up with an idea to tie something down and put on the strip of velcro himself while we were paying the bill. Such a refreshing change from our last dealer! Hopefully this dealership will continue to sell and service Heartland products in this fashion.It certainly helps to sell the product to others who may be interested if you can say the dealership does a good job.

cmart

Sailorand, I'll have to agree with you. Mine was in 39 days for an axle and now I've been waiting for a DVD and Entry door handle for 15 days. You know I just have problems knowing that it doesn't take that long for parts replacement. And I too have a 3055 so if I ever get stuck with the slide out or landing gear won't come up, I'll be on here looking for advice, so stay close to your puter. Oh and by the way, Love my 3055 too. Oh one more thing, what tires would you recommend for the 3055, I don't think I'll go to far on what I was issued.

Deb

Deb
We bought a 3055 in May of 06. Love the unit!!! We bought the coach from Butch & Karen at RV's For Less in Knoxville. Knoxville is 500 miles from our home in Wilmington, NC. The closest dealer was 275 miles so we went to Knoxville to save another *****. We are fortunate in that we have a local RV repair shop (not a dealer) that we have been going to for years with our other coach. We found out that Heartland would work with them - so we didn't bat an eye about buying so far away from home. We had several serious problems with the unit. Butch & Karen took care of some of the problems. We went to Elkhart for more repairs, and our local repair shop (Cape Fear Custom RV - in Wilmington, NC) did the rest. We think we finally have all the kinks worked out, and are very happy with the service we received along the way.

So my suggestion is to search out local RV repair shops - our local shop is so busy it is hard to get in, but they do excellent work. And there wasn't any kind of a hassle from Heartland about sending the needed parts.

Deb
Wilmington, NC

******Edited by Admin to remove trailer pricing per forum rules :)