Considering a Heartland purchase in ETREMELY near future...thoughts?

Howdy Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm about to pull the trigger on a 27' 2007 Heartland Trail Runner...I'm having trouble trouble locating reviews/info on this exact model. Can anyone point me in the right direction and/or provide first hand feedback? I'll be relocating to Virginia from Northern California in about a month, and decided to purchase a travel trailer to make the trip across the country a bit more enjoyable...we have a 9 year old and a 9 month old, and FOUR cats! The thought of 15 hour days behind the wheel with that crew really forced the issue on this purchase. PLEASE HELP!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Howdy Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm about to pull the trigger on a 27' 2007 Heartland Trail Runner...I'm having trouble trouble locating reviews/info on this exact model. Can anyone point me in the right direction and/or provide first hand feedback? I'll be relocating to Virginia from Northern California in about a month, and decided to purchase a travel trailer to make the trip across the country a bit more enjoyable...we have a 9 year old and a 9 month old, and FOUR cats! The thought of 15 hour days behind the wheel with that crew really forced the issue on this purchase. PLEASE HELP!

Our daughter and her husband have a Trail Runner and it has been great. They have had it over a year and have had NO issues with it. They use it regularly.

Speedy

Do you intend to haul the cats in the trailer? Regardless of which trailer you choose I would seriously consider hauling nothing that is alive in the trailer. It's rolling earthquake and the cats will never be the same after the first trip.

GOTTOYS

I wouldn't even consider driving for 15 hours a day even without my trailer. With the trailer, forget about it...It will take a minimum of 15-20 minutes to set it up, then you go to bed, get up, spend another 15-20 minutes to pack up and leave. Where's the fun in that?...Don

pegmikef

The army used to give us 13 days travel time to go from coast to coast (Ft. Meade, MD to Monterey, CA for example) and we always used at least ten of the days to drive that distance. I agree with Don about those long driving days. I kind of like 250 - 300 miles a day.