Slide coming out while driving

MPG185-GA

Just returned from a week of camping and I have a concern. We were driving in the mountains with some very crooked roads.....while traveling, twice I noticed the slide had moved out 3-4" during the driving of the curvy mountain roads. Is this normal? Is it a concern? Is there a way to "lock" the slide during travel?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
That should not be happening. It is not normal. You need to get your unit checked out as you have a problem in the slide mechanism. To keep that from happening you could put a board or pole between the wall and the slide on the inside. Call Heartland Customer service if you need more information regarding an authorized service outlet.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I had the same thing happen on my Bighorn this past August. In my case it was a bad hydraulic cylinder.
I used it for about six weeks and several thousand miles like that till I could get it in for repair. I used a ratchet strap on the bottom wrapped around the slide mechanism to hold it in place while we traveled. Kinda of a pain in the butt, but it worked and didn't stop us from traveling.
Look under your slide when it is closed and try to find a way to attach a strap.

Peace
Dave