Fireplace

tommigb2

Our fireplace does not dipense any heat. I have searched but cannot find any type of fan switch. Am I missing something? I was told by seveal neighbors in different brand 5th wheels that they use their fireplaces to take the chill out in the morning. My fireplace in my 3670 RL does nothing but look pretty.

RoadJunkie

First, check the setting on your fireplace thermostat as you may not be "calling" for heat. The thermostat is one of two knobs in the fireplace control panel.

danemayer

Ours has 2 switches, along with knobs. Both switches must be on and the knob for temperature must be dialed up.

Jimmy

You must fold the bottom metal cover plate down along the bottom to access the switches on mine.

wdk450

My older one (2008) even puts out a small amount of heat when the heating switch is off and thermostat is turned down. A moderate amount of lightly blown heat when the heat switch and thermostat is turned on. What brand/model do you have? Have you talked to tech support at Heartland Service? (Have your VIN).

TXBobcat

Fulltime
My fireplace puts out good heat but it does not blow like most fans. It's more like it goes up with the help of a small fan, but it will heat up the living area pretty good unless it is very cold. Be sure to check the settings. There is one for the lighting of the fireplace and a set for the heating.

BC

RollingHome

tommingb2, either you are not turning on your unit properly or it is broke... The 3670 fireplace works well. I am assuming your unit is broke.

back2nature

We love our fireplace. Used it all last week on a trip where it was in the teens at night. Keep it on all day and night. Works like a 1500 watt space heater. Like other said, there are two switches under the bottom plate. One on the left side turns on the light, and the one on the right side turns on the heat/blower. There is also a dial there to raise and lower the heat. If it doesn't work, may need to have it checked. Left side dial adjusts the amount of light.

wdk450

Is it plugged in, and is the breaker on. may have been installed but not plugged in.
Yeah, it's easy to kick loose the plug which is on the right bottom of the computer chair cutout on mine. I would of thought you would say so if there is no lighted fire effect (complete loss of power).