2008 Razor toy hauler 35ft 5th wheel....

rmorrisonz

How do you get to the water pump to inject the antifreeze into the unit? I already know where the bypass valves are.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
ON the inlet side of the pump, look for a 1/2" white hose (or possibly clear) with an open end. This is the suction libe for winterizing. Somewhere between the open end and the connection at the pump, you will find a valve. This should be opened to draw anti-freeze from the bottle and it also isolates the fresh water tank from the pump.

rmorrisonz

Thanks.... How do you get to the water pump... first time doing this on this camper. Is it in the storage area in the basement.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You will have to look behind the wall in the basement. There may be a couple of screws in the UDC that hold part of the wall in place.

Peace
Dave

truknutt

Committed Member
How do you get to the water pump to inject the antifreeze into the unit? I already know where the bypass valves are.

Not sure about your unit...In your Universal Docking Center (where your water & cable/sat hookups are), is there a handle marked "winterize/normal"? In the attached photo it's in the lower right with the blue handle. If so, moving the handle to Winterize and turning on the pump will cause the water pump to draw from an antifreeze bottle via a hose that's attached to theback of the valve.

Attachments

• 09_CY_5thW_ext_docking_center.jpg
    09_CY_5thW_ext_docking_center.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 32

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
On my Razor you have to get behind the storage compartment wall to find the hose to insert into the anti-freeze bottle. The hose is just behind the UDC.