We have arrivied!

zurn

After traveling over three thousand miles in this awesome country we finally landed in Port Aransas texas for the winter. Temp is a balmy 80 with mild winds. Husband starts fishing for those delicious red fish! Freezer is empty all ready to fill with fillets and shrimp! Wish us luck or better yet join us! Carol

RanCarr

After traveling over three thousand miles in this awesome country we finally landed in Port Aransas texas for the winter. Temp is a balmy 80 with mild winds. Husband starts fishing for those delicious red fish! Freezer is empty all ready to fill with fillets and shrimp! Wish us luck or better yet join us! Carol

What campground are you in? :)

jimtoo

Yea Dave,,, I think all you Heartland Snowbirds in the Rockport-Fulton, Aransas Pass and Port Aransas area need to get together and have a fish fry or something. Maybe in early January,,, that will give all the late comers time to get settled. And you need to invite all the locals also.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Yea Dave,,, I think all you Heartland Snowbirds in the Rockport-Fulton, Aransas Pass and Port Aransas area need to get together and have a fish fry or something. Maybe in early January,,, that will give all the late comers time to get settled. And you need to invite all the locals also.

Jim M
Hmmm, I think Jim might be a local. Right Jim???:D

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Yes, that sounds like a good idea.. We are in Aransas Pass, Southern Oaks..

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I agree whole heartly, we will arrive at Drifters Resort this Sunday, site 91. I will give you a call next week. Need advice on the fishing, never fished Saltwater.

jimtoo

Almost local... George West, TX. Ya'll need to come to George West this Saturday,,,11-5-11,,, George West Storyfest is a fun, free event. Check us out. Even free parking.

Lee, about saltwater fishing..it's almost the same as freshwater... just don't salt the fish when you cook them.. I mean... they come out of salt water. :)

Jim M

pegmikef

Don't forget that a lot of salt water fish have teeth so it is not a good idea to grab them by the lip as some do to hold them up for display. Flounder and speckled trout are also pretty common in that area and they are good eating too.

rick_debbie_gallant

We arrived in Rockport/Fulton on the 31st of October. We are at "Woody Acres" in Fulton Texas site 192 for now. Soon to relocate to site 191.

zurn

looks like the heartland group has arrived. How about a get together next week? Pot luck--lunch at the big fisherman--or another idea? Tried to call the mcClures but they were on the beach-easy to fall inlove with the sun and surf-Carol

lmcclure

I am looking at possibly getting a phone router, our AT&T phones are not the best down here. Just let us know when and where and we will be there. It will be great to finally meet everyone. I met a couple that just bought a new Big Country here at Drifters and they were trying it out as it was brand new. They lived close by. There are also 2 more Bighorns in the park but no contact yet. Carol try us again as we are geting ready to go to Aransas Pass for the day to explore.

Herbiesrig

herbiesrig here at Southern Oaks, We would like to be included in the get together.. Dan and Karen

rick_debbie_gallant

I am thinking that would great To have a get together of sorts
Lots of good eatin places around here. Or do a potluck somewhere. On a beach, in a pavilion. There
Is Paws and Taws in Fulton downtown. There is Also the pavilion on Fulton beach. When and where?

Herbiesrig

Hey HOC friends who are in Aransas Pass, Port Aransas, Rockport, Fulton ; how does Pizza Hut in Aransas Pass, by Lowes sound. They have the $10.00 pizza special.. I read somewhere that there are HOC friends in Port Aransas also..

Dan and Karen

lmcclure

Just give us directions or a street address. Better yet where is it from the HEB. Our # is 423-902-1290 Just name the date and time.