Pass-Thru Compartment

CAN-DO

Has anyone built a slide that allows easy access to your gear in the pass-thru compartment? It sure would make equipment access alot better. I am in the process of searching out a slide/track system that I can use to make a floor deck that would slide out of the compartment. Any ideas?

CAN-DO

davebennington

That looks like the slide that we have in our coach, it was installed at the factory. We like it alot it does make it easier to access items in the middle on the storage area. It is also easier to overload the coach with all of the things that you can put on it and slide it back in place.

DougS

Doug S
I built some wood drawers to meet my needs. I stacked the drawers to get the most out of them. I carry a folding hammock and a small picnic table in this drawers. The drawers were built with these two ideas in mind. I posted some pictures on the below link.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/20296-Underbelly-storage-ideas

DougS

Doug S
Can-Do,
When I made the drawers, I needed approx. 53 inches deep. I can still store chairs from the other side. Drawers can be pulled out about 47 inches for easy loading. I made the drawers slide on hardwood strips of wood, and waxed the sliding parts. The whole assembly can be taken out of storage area in about 5 minutes by removing just a couple of screws should I have to get behind walls for service. Cost, probably under $60, less for me because I had scrapes of plywood on hand.