F-250 HD Crew Cab Diesel 6.4 beast of burden?

Hi Neighbors - Just purchased a 2008 Ford F-250HD Crew Cab 4x4 diesel 6.4L and will be pulling a Big Horn BH3185RL (GVW 14,000#). Anyone have a similar truck pulling similar weight that has input on how my truck will do? Thanks!

f250dieseldad

It should do fine. We pulled our 3185 with an 05 f250 with the 6.0 and had no problems. I did add airbags to the truck.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You'll be fine. I pull our Landmark with the exact same truck (weight police slap my hand!).

DougS

Doug S
I pull with a F250 2005, twice to Alaska. Only problem was listening to everyone say that you can't pull with that. Get the airbags, they are worth the $.

Hi Gus - Thanks for the information. A few more questions for you if you don't mind? May I ask why you picked super springs over hellwigs? Do you know which model number super springs you are using? What is the loaded weight of your Grand Canyon? Also, was thinking about adding air bags to the mix too. Any input on that? Thanks Gus.
Don

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hi Gus - Thanks for the information. A few more questions for you if you don't mind? May I ask why you picked super springs over hellwigs? Do you know which model number super springs you are using? What is the loaded weight of your Grand Canyon? Also, was thinking about adding air bags to the mix too. Any input on that? Thanks Gus.
Don
I picked the SuperSprings simply because I was able to get tham at cost w/ free install thanks to my son's brother in law. Not sure of the model number. If you go to their website, I believe that have a table that matches springs with truck type/size. Have not weighed the rig sp I can't answer that question. Air bags would probably be a good addition to help with leveling. Keep in mind that airbags do not increase the weight capacity of your truck, they just enable you to level the load.