Ocala FL anyone?

RanCarr

Is anyone wintering in the Ocala area of FL this winter? Loads of Canadians flock there in winter. We'll be in the Belleview (sp?) area a little south of Ocala. I'm not sure exactly when we're leaving here but already have a place reserved from Jan 1st to April 1st. :) Hubby is as happy as a pig in a wallow now that he has his satellite TV, his wireless home phone, his cell phone.... and wireless mifi for the computer. All the comforts of home. Actually I'll get to enjoy these things too! Boy what a difference from the days in a tent and van conversion back in the bad old 1970s. ;)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Lin & I are trying to find a park in Ocala for the month of December. We have a site reserved in Waldo but have heard the area is a little questionable so we're looking around for a change. For January we'll be in Clermont at Citrus Valley Resort.

noobee

Lin & I are trying to find a park in Ocala for the month of December. We have a site reserved in Waldo but have heard the area is a little questionable so we're looking around for a change. For January we'll be in Clermont at Citrus Valley Resort.

Not Texas???? What happened?????????

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Not Texas???? What happened?????????
Just a change of scenery and since we haven't visited FL in 35 years or so, we thought it was a good opportunity to spend some time there.
This morning we found a a park just south of Ocala. It's Ocala Sun RV Resort. It has great reviews on RV Park reviews and looked OK on the Sat images so we reserved our site.

bdb2047

Just a change of scenery and since we haven't visited FL in 35 years or so, we thought it was a good opportunity to spend some time there.
This morning we found a a park just south of Ocala. It's Ocala Sun RV Resort. It has great reviews on RV Park reviews and looked OK on the Sat images so we reserved our site.
Stayed at Ocala Sun 2 years ago nice park.Has changed ownership or management since we were ther they were trying to sell lots at that time.We will be in Bushnell for Dec not sure where after that considering going to Texas

caissiel

Just got the news from Barbara and we are clear to head to Florida.
She was conserned about her mom but its going well now, looks like a great winter.
We are going back to the Homossasa, Crystal River area.
Its a Carefree campground very well run and the facilities and patrons are next to none.
We are kayakers and the waters are great all winter for the sport, plus a manitee santuary area.

Might head up to Vero Beach area and do some Habitat for Humanity volonteering also.
Barbs brother just bought a new condo in the area.

Looking forward to go to the Tampa RV Show and the Straberry Festival.
Maybe try to catch the New Brunswick Day in Tampa area next winter.
So the west side of Florda looks pretty good.
Hmm I just forgot the Daytona days for Nascar.

Bobby A

Just got the news from Barbara and we are clear to head to Florida.
She was conserned about her mom but its going well now, looks like a great winter.
We are going back to the Homossasa, Crystal River area.
Its a Carefree campground very well run and the facilities and patrons are next to none.
We are kayakers and the waters are great all winter for the sport, plus a manitee santuary area.

Might head up to Vero Beach area and do some Habitat for Humanity volonteering also.
Barbs brother just bought a new condo in the area.

Looking forward to go to the Tampa RV Show and the Straberry Festival.
Maybe try to catch the New Brunswick Day in Tampa area next winter.
So the west side of Florda looks pretty good.
Hmm I just forgot the Daytona days for Nascar.

We are in Port Richey, just a little south of you, beautiful park and privatly owned, we just love the park and the owners.

4ever

We are in Williston Crossings RV Resort just a little north of Ocala. Just NW of Ocala and SW of Gainesville. Really great park. New ownership and they are finishing up the park. This will be our third season here and with the new ownership it will be the best. Small town however, it has everything you need on a day to day basis. Couple of grocery stores, pharmacy, hardware stores and a few retuarants. Ocla and Gainesville are also not that far away. The sites sre all good size and their are lots of trees and bushes. Definatley has some character. All roads are paved and sites are all paved and have concrete pads.

Ted

RanCarr

There are many RV parks in the Belleview area and all are reasonably priced. The longer you stay the cheaper it is. What I like so much about that area is it's not too far from the great shopping at The Villages, the huge Marian Flea Market, and it's not too far from Ocala itself.