shipping price though the roof

kinports

i had to order a rear corner trim piece for my 2010 3950 cyclone. the trim was a great price at 13.99 but the shipping was 183.00. WOW feel like i got taken advantage of. it would have been cheaper for me to drive and get it from Heartland myself.:(

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
IMHO, something is wrong here. That just seems like way to much. Did you question it with HL?

kinports

just picked it up today at a dealer in maryland, will be making a call to CS on monday. think maybe dealer quoted wrong price then made a story up about shipping to recover the money. time will tell

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
What were the dimensions of the box? In my business I ship boxes with high combined length and girth inches daily and am often asked "why so much". Anything shipped via UPS or FedEx ground between 130-165" combined length and girth ships at a dimensional weight of up to 150lbs. So, when I ship a chandelier that is 36x24 inches and weighs 18 pounds it will cost my client in the $130 range just for shipping. Anything over 165" needs to be shipped motor freight and that gets even pricier

Shipping companies have price calculators. enter the weight, dimensions and zip codes and it will tell what the shipping cost is.

DougS

Doug S
When I ordered side skirts for my SOB a few years back, it was about that shipping price. Because of the length, it could not be sent UPS, the company would not cut it down to the exact size I needed. When they had to re-send the part because they sent the wrong color, they cut it down because it was on their dime, and UPS was cheaper.