Power Tongue Jacks

CliffP

We're ready to close on a TT. The dealer has to put on a power tongue jack. Are there brands to look out for? I don't want to end up with one that has to work too hard and doesn't last.

Ray55

I do not know enough about brands to answer your question. I purchased an electric jack from Camper World and installled it myself. Only three bolts and a connection to the hot side of the battery.
I think having it has made hooking up a quick and easy. I highly recommend having the electric jack. My advise would be to purchase a jack that is rated to lift more than your trailer weighs. One size larger than what is needed.

Manzan

I second that! Plus, make sure that it comes with a manual option and that the crank will clear any obstacles. Dealer put on the one I have on our NT 21FBS and I did check to make sure it operated easily manually. I did not pay any attention to the brand.

pegmikef

I use the Barker VIP 3500, American made, and it has been trouble free and works very well. It comes with a manual crank in case your battery is dead or the motor breaks. I purposely bought one for more weight than I needed in case I moved to a heavier TT. It cost around 180.00 online including shipping and takes about ten minutes to install.

convert

Reginald Hromek
I heartly agree with the Barker 3500 as a good choice. Had one on my TT before going 5th wheeling and it worked trouble free for 5 yrs.