Dometic Service

DMitch

I have had troble with my Dometic Toilet for a long time not holding water. Have tried all the proposed solutions without any good results. Cleaning, new seals etc etc for about two years now. Friday I called Dometic and talked to thier service reps. I have to tell you that thier service is fisrt class. After explaining the problems and fixes that I have attempted the service rep. simply said "sounds like you have done everything that we recommend, I will ship you a new toilet Monday morning". Very friendly great service from Dometic. Thank you Dometic!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
That's good to hear. I couldn't even get them to sell me a seal out of their distribution center in Goshen. I did find and replace the seals though, only to have it start losing water again. After a thorough cleaning with a tooth brush, I put a coating of Vaseline on the seal and it's been holding for a couple weeks now.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We had the same problem as Ray. Ours is working well and I use a toothbrush (DW's not mine :D) to clean the seal. I also found out that if the water pressure is very low you can have the same problem. The instructions say to press down all the way on the lever and let it snap shut, but if the water pressure is low it will not snap shut very hard, so we lift up on the lever to add a bit more water and help close the ball.

BC

DMitch

This is the 800 number that Dometic gave me to call. It is a Sealand number and where I got great service. Hope it helps someone. 800-321-9886. It helps if you have your toilet model number and serial number,

Netem

I've had the same problem since it was new. I called them and they sent me the new seals and this worked for awhile but then back to leaking. I have found that when it starts leaking i give it a few sprays with ArmorAll or somthing similar when the water has leaked out then work the shoe a few times and its good for awhile.

Wmnmy

This is the 800 number that Dometic gave me to call. It is a Sealand number and where I got great service. Hope it helps someone. 800-321-9886. It helps if you have your toilet model number and serial number,
Thanks for the number it helped me dometic is sending me a entire toilet at no cost to me now thats service I have had the trailer for a year three months looks like it was loose half way up between the bowl and base of toilet leaking on floor and leaking out before I could flush from the middle any way I'm happy now all of the post helped me narrow problem down thanks all.....