Where is my convertor? (Dumb I know)

wingfoot

Believe it or not, I can't find my power convertor on my 08' 3400RE...I fear it's behind one of the basement panels..but I'd like to know before I start removing the panels..

Thanks in advance,
Larry

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just removed the basement panel. It's not too hard, just remove the screws. it's mostly awkward to maneuver, but not heavy.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
HERE are some photos of how I accessed the converter on our Big Country. I am sure yours will be a similar adventure!

Best Wishes!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
HERE are some photos of how I accessed the converter on our Big Country. I am sure yours will be a similar adventure!

Best Wishes!

Oh my. That looks more more difficult than ours was. However, our fuse panel is much less accessible. I'll try to get some pics next time I'm out at the storage yard, since we still have some work to do.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mine was originally buried in the Basement of Doom, right under the anti-siphon valve for the black tank. Did I mention the pile of sawdust and that the fan and fuses were facing the wall? I relocated it, along with the surge suppressor, to a panel I attached to the stair frame so I can get at them, if needed. The fan on the converter now has an obstructed supply of fresh air, as well. My fuse and breaker panels are located under a kitchen cabinet, on the other side of the rear basement wall.