TOW Vehicle Exhaust System upgrade - TX

iefpro01

Hey guys I bought a Walker Big Truck Muffler to replace the OEM on my 2001 Ford 7.3. I had a heck of a time find the right place for installing. Ford Dealer - said no way - don't do exhaust work anymore. Went o Midas – and oh yeah we will do it for 160-200 bucks, and we won’t guarantee it…

Anyway I found a place; Miller muffler 896 Mill St, in Lewisville, Tx. Phone number 972-221-2413. Took them about 45 minutes did it right away for me and only charged me 60.00! They even welded the entire thing in with a couple of new hangers to make sure the job was done right. Everyone else just wanted to do clamps.

The bad thing is that he told me would do a turbo back system installed for 425.00! I went with the new muffler because it would be less than 200.00 and all of the places I was getting for the turbo back systems were over 600.00!

Anyway – just wanted to post this great service and prices for all you north Texans.

Oh – very initial impressions of the new muffler.

• A little louder – really not much
  • Feels like more power – I got on it a couple of times and it was noticeable.
  • I checked my mileage just before putting on the muffler and initially it looks like about 1.5 MPG increase.

All of the above will have to be verified over time – but it is consistent with what I read during research on this minor upgrade. Next Gauges!//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon10.gif