ATF: ElkRidge - Water hoses

rickandjoyce

After removing the cover inside the pass through storage area, I noticed a white water hose connected by a by pass switch just above the water pump. However, the other end of the hose is not connected to anything. Can you tell me what this is and if I need to be concerned? What is it for? Thank you.

Also, we have connections for a washer and dryer that we will never use. I know where the connections are to the water outlets, but I want to cap off the opposite ends so there won't be any water in the lines. Can you tell me where to find them.?

olcoon

You don't need to be concerned about the white hose that isn't connected to anything until it's time to winterize. On our 27RLSS, there are 2 valves that need to be changed, then the end of the hose that isn't connected to anything is put in a jug of RV anti-freeze, turn on your water pump, then start turning on ALL water valves individually (cold water at kitchen sink then the hot water, etc). Make sure you have drained the hot water heater, and switched those valves also. As far as finding where the connections for the washer, I can't help you there. I think I'd put a shut off valve on them so water won't go up those lines though. I had to do this on our outside shower, as somehow it kept getting turned on, even though we've never used it. We kept getting water in the basement & since installing the valves on the back side of the UDC, we haven't had that problem.

rickandjoyce

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Do you know if the factory truly reads these and will reply with the location of connections for the washer to cap off?

olcoon

Yes, they do read these posts, and will answer them (but not every time). Last spring I had slide problems. The dealer told me Heartland said "this is normal", I knew better, so I took a video of the slide coming in & posted here one evening. By about 10:00 the next day Brian Walczak, the brand mgr. answered my post saying that isn't normal, and by about 1:00 that afternoon I got a call from the factory! Needless to say I was pretty surprised. The problem was resolved, by the dealer, who was pretty surprised when I told them that the factory agreed with me! Instead of waiting for them to reply on here, you might call them @ 574-262-8030. Make sure you have your VIN # handy, as they'll ask for it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think the best thing you can do is to remove the wall in the basement and look for the water lines that run to your W/D hookup. Cut them there and cap them.
I know of a couple of people that have done that to their rigs. It is not a difficult job.

Peace
Dave