Hi all we are new to this.
Living in Australia and a new Oakmont has come available
can i have some thoughts on this unit as a full time live in
We will travel around the country!
Mark Dombrowski

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mark, weclcome to the forum. Wow, travel around Australia, that's gotta be fun.
You should get some feedback from other owners.

Peace
Dave

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Hi Mark - My husband and I purchased a Landmark Key Largo in March of this year and started full-timing in April and LOVE it! We ordered ours 'fully loaded' so as be able to be comfortable in cold or hot weather. Not knowing a whole lot about Australia's weather (similar to ours, I think) you may want to consider adding the Yeti package and a second air conditioner if it doesn't already have it. Dual pane windows have been a blessing so far! As far as living space - it is definitely do-able - you just need to be organized and 'like' the person that you will be sharing that space with! Do you have any specific questions?

mark666

Kelly,Michael
great to hear from you thanks for your reply
i guess we are a bit unsure re the quality!!
i spoke with the factory this morning our time gave him the vin # and got the history. I'm just going to jump in and hope we have no major problems.
Born in the US Wisconsin then USMC in the 60's here in OZ since 78
love to hear from you

MArk and Prudence Dombrowski

mark666

Dave ,
Started during the festivites in south east asia with the USMC moved back here in 78 after ten years in the states born in milwaukee wisconsin living on the coast of the Coral Sea in North Queensland a town called Bowen
keep in touch may need more HELP!!!!!

Mark

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Hi Mark!

SMALL world - I was born and raised in Milwaukee too! Michael was born in Dallas and raised there and in Arkansas. As for the quality of the Landmark (or Heartland in general) you're looking at one of the best out there. That is not to say that you might not find issues - but if you do...they will be minor and easily fixable. Heartland backs their product like no other. Be sure to do a thorough PDI (if you're not sure what to look for, I think Michael still has a copy of what we got from this forum) when picking up the coach and have any issues you find addressed before you sign your paperwork. We bought our coach 8 hours away in Tampa and planned to spend 7 days there (just in case) to do the PDI, have anything that needed fixing, fixed and to see the area.

Good luck to you! Hope you love your new coach as much as we love ours!

mark666

Kelly,
We looked at the chevs and fords over here but they are priced with the rolls royce!!!!
We will be towing with a mitsubishi truck 7.5 lt diesel ...... went to Pulaski High school
wife of 42 years has many questions so stand by...

Mark and Prudence

Birchwood

Have been living in our Pinehurst for over two years hauling it fron Canada to the southern US during the winter.
We don't have many years of experience hauling large fifth wheels but we are always comfortable and have never
had our RV in a repair shop of over 2 hours.

mark666

Birch,

that's what i want to hear..
but any problems are welcome as i can be ready and look for them.

thanks mate

Mark

mark666

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

Well we did it we just paid the deposit on our Landmark Pinehurst

too bad we can not join the HOC as we live in Australia but we will
keep in touch while on the road in our "Round Oz" travels.

Mark and Prue

jimtoo

Hi Mark and Prue,

Congratulations on getting your Landmark Pinehurst. You will love it. Now the hard times come,,,,waiting for delivery and your first night in it.

You could still join the Heartland Owners Club... might be a long way to come to a rally, but you would still be able to wear the owners name tag and display the HOC plate on the Pinehurst. And if you needed parts from Heartland you would get a 10% discount by being a member of the club.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Moose

I am looking forward to hearing of your travels around Australia.

I visited Sydney, Melbourne and Perth in the mid-80's.

Australia is a beautiful Country and the people are great. Love the place.