Landmark Bedding Opinions Please

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
We need to go ahead and order the bedding for our new Mt. Rushmore as we plan to take a week long shakedown run when we pick it up. We've read through archives and realize that there are many options from sheets that will fit the mattress to adding multiple toppers and using standard king sheets.

We hope to get this purchase right the first time around so our question is... How comfortable is the bed itself, without added toppers? Hard, soft etc. All opinions are welcome and then we'll take a consensus and make a decision. TIA

Last edited:
C

Chulinw

I like the mattress that came in the 3400RL just fine. I get a good night sleep. I really think it will be up to you see if you need the extra 2 to 4 inch foam that people have add. I purchase king size sheets and they are a little large for the bed and just put the eextra under the mattress.

Tom of Ypsi

We put a mattress topper on then put California King sheets and they fit pretty close to the size of the bed. We picked up the sheets at Bed Bath and Beyond. BB&B has sales on these sheets all of the time.

jpmorgan37

We went against the trend and ordered a queen size bed. The standard queen sheets fit perfectly. The mattress is firm but quite comfortable. We ended up putting a 3" memory foam topper on it because I have back problems and that solved most of my aches.

John

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Like Ken, we also use the mattress that came with our unit and have used it for 2 1/2 to 3 months at a time. We do use a mattress topper for our hide-a-way sofa bed, however when we have extra people.

gawelsh

We have the standard 'king' in our Landmark - we added only a padded mattress cover - very comfortable ! We use standard king sheets, which are a tad large, but not by much...all in all , it's a great bed!

Will the king bed frames hold a regular mattress? We have a Temperpeutic Mattress which we have grown to love and would like to take it. I do know that it is quite heavy and I wonder about that also.