Replacing 20# Cylinders

I have a 2011 Caliber RKS. I would like to replace the 20# cylinders that came standard on the TT for 30# cylinders. Can this be done and is there any special fittings, etc. that I will need?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Mooselodgerv and welcome to the forum.
I don't know if there is a downside to doing what you have described other than a few things to watch out for.
The fittings one either tank are the same. Just make sure that your LP line is long enough to reach the taller 30 pounder. And depending on how your current tanks mount, be sure that the mount will hold the new tanks in place.
You will also add a little tongue weight.
Other than that it would not matter if you used a 20 pounder or a 100 pounder.
Just curious, if it is more LP you need and space is not a factor, why not just get a spare 20 pounder. It would sure be a lot less money.

Peace
Davd

branson4020

Icantre Member
Except for being 6" taller, the 30# cylinder is identical to the 20# cylinder. If you can accomodate the extra height, you shouldn't need to do anyting.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One more thing, consider joining us in Hopkins next August for the MI chapter owners rally. It's just right down the road from you.
Read all about it HERE.

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

I would just throw a spare 20# in the back of the truck also. A lot less money and weight on the tongue and you can leave it behind if you don't need it. JMHO...Don

pegmikef

I agree with Don, I just take an extra 20 pounder with me and then only if we are boondocking. I try to use an electric heater for the most part when we have shore power and run everything else on electricity. When using the generators, I run the refrigerator, hw heater and furnace on gas. So far, I have never had to use the spare I carry. Besides, the tank cover on my North Trail won't accommodate the 30 pounders.