Cabinet above Bedroom Sink

MTPockets

We love our new Bighorn 3055RL. We specifically chose the floorplan with the shower, sink, and head, all separated. The Bedroom sink is located in a corner. The cabinet above the sink is fairly large which is nice, but we would have preferred a cabinet mounted flat to each of the corner walls so when washing your face and raise up, you don't bang your head on the underside of the cabinet. I'm considering removing the cabinet and mounting one as I've stated ----

jimtoo

Hi MTPockets,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I also have a 3055 and the cabinet above the sink was not to my liking... to many head bumps. So I cut it down. See this link. I cannot find picture I made, but it is pretty easy to do if you can do a little woodworking..
Basically I just took the sides off the cabinet... but that requires the cutting of the shelves....

Enjoy the forum and make the mods you need to make the Big Horn yours.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jim2, maybe you need to wear a helmet. Our 2955 is the same way. I told DW that I was going to take it off and glue a mirror there instead. OOOOOPS, I never mentioned it again. Those german women from N. Dakota are mean.

MTPockets

I took the bull by the Big Horn (Pun Intended) and took down the cabinet, removed the mirrored door, hinges and knob; then screwed the mirror to the wall covering the holes on that wall. I put up a stainless steel shelf/container made for boats to hold large fishing tackle but it's perfect for this application. Put the cabinet light over the mirror in the same location as before... It really makes that corner look better and brighter.... We gave up some cabinet space, but we're much better off without the head bumping..... now I gotta decide how to hide the small screw holes in the ceiling....... Any ideas?

Last edited:

lorax

When mounting things to the wall of your RVs, what length and size screw do you use? Also, do you use anchors for the screws? If so what type? I need to mount a towel rack but I don't want to puncture the sidewall of the trailer.
Ted