Factory Warranty does not transfer.

Wow. I just learned that the 2011 Cyclone 3950 that I bought from an individual at less than a year of age is not covered under the factory warranty for the second owner. I know I should have checked. That's what happens when you assume. Just FYI for anyone considering that type of purchase. Wouldn't be so bad as I can fix most things myself, but I have a roof issue that is a factory deal that's really going to be a challenge to fix. I asked a Dealer about this before I purchased, and the Service Manager told me they would take care of it. He is no longer with the Dealership. HL warranty service confirms that it is not covered for the second owner. I am very dissappointed, but still love the trailer.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious, what is the issue with the roof?
Maybe someone here on the forum has an idea for repair.

Peace
Dave

Thanks for asking. At the edge of the roof, adjacent to the main A/C, the molded piece under the rubber that makes the edge radius seems to not be fastened. It is raised up and the staples that should fasten it to the deck are showing, but not protuding, through the rubber roof. I am not sure if it was just not stapled well, or if the deck has deteriated due to some sort of leak. A leak is not apparent on the inside, but it could be not to that point yet. Yes, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The other issues are mainly adjustments and cosmetics. The table tops are warped, and the fridge fans are noisy. The hydraulic landing gear in the front drops about an inch when you put he slides out or go to raise it after it sits a few minutes. I figure that could be air or a sticky check valve.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just a couple of ideas here. My roof edge radius sticks up a bit allong the entire side. It has not been a problem and I don't expect it to be. May not be the same as yours however. As far as the staple goes, on my last rig I had the pointy end of a staple sticking up. I put a piece of Eternabond tape over it and it never did poke through.
My fans were noisy as well so I went to the local computer repair shop and bought a couple of new fans for $10 each. Much quieter.
On the hydraulic issue I would give Lippert Customer Service a call and explain the problem. They should be able to give you some guidance.
Lippert Components Inc.
866-524-7821
Come back and let us know how it all turns out.

Peace
Davehttp://www.lci1.com/

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Our roof edge is similar to what Dave describes. If you are still concerned and if it's possible posting some photos may help.