Exhaust Brakes / Banks? Pac?

I have an 2002 F550 7.3 towing a cyclone 3950. Anybody have opinions on exhaust brakes and type to aid in stoping on downhill grades?

Thanks your opinions
Bruce R

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes.
IMHO, my Banksbrake is the best single addition I have made to my TV. Got it installed at Banks in Azusa. Very happy with it.
Really saves the brakes all around and my nerves, when going downhill

Last edited:

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I would recommend one. First thing I had installed when I bought my 01 Dodge was the Jacobs e-brake and have had no regrets.

convert

Reginald Hromek
Hello Bruce
I installed a Banks Speed Brake 2 yrs ago and am completely satisfied the way it slows you down. Helps keep speed down on downhill with minimum effort, having to brake very little. Am completely satisfied and would recommend the set up. Its plug and go a couple hours work depending on your veh. Good luck on your choice

Lance & Jo

We have the Banks brake, used it for 2 years now and am very happy with it. On freeway hills up to 5 or 6% I don't normally have to use the truck brakes much at all and on the hills comming down the Baja I put the trans in low and keep my speed down to around 15 without worrying about overheating the truck brakes.

hillsonwheels

I too installed the Banks braking system last year. Saw some 9% grades :eek: in a part of WV where you can wipe the tail lights on the coach in the curves and the system worked as advertised. The way it holds once set is a "good thang". Headed out west next year and that was the reason for the install. I've heard there are MOUNTAINS out there??????? :cool:

Dick

rustyshakelford

For your truck I would look into the PAC brake. Instead of using vacuum to operate, it uses a compressor. Add a small tank and your set up for air tools.

Brett