Satellite

tstammer

tstammer
Recently purchased a used 2006 2925RK Big Horn, I used to take a portable Dish with my old camper Big horn has one on the roof I was impressed. Now my problem starts, I have read alot of the posts for the life of me I cannot find a green labled cable have one white labled cable and to black. Tried all three cables no luck. I will attempt to look for the green cable in the ceiling where would be the best place to look.

Forrest Fetherolf

tstammer,

This site might help you with the wiring.
http://www.heartlandrvs.com/downloads/BH_audio_video.pdf

There is supposed to be a coax coiled up in the roof as per the diagram. When I installed the Tracvision 4, I didn't try to locate the coil, who knows for sure where it is. I ran two new coax cables and power cord from the Tracvision 4 through the roof into the master bedroom upper cabinets to the tv cable outlet in the bedroom. I only drilled a 3/4" hole to run cables and cord, you may have to cut open a larger section of the roof in order to find the coiled up cable. If you need help from there, let me know.

Forrest

Pulltab

Tom, this is likely to be a challange:) in your email you had asked me if we had a roof mount and I forgot to answer you. No we do not but I had posted and Jim had posted the diagram. Same as the one Forrest posted I believe. Would be great if you had a cable tester to trace the wires. Pull the cable plate out of the wall in the entertainment center and see if the wire is hanging in there. Seems I saw another diagram that showed using jumper from satellite one connection to satellite two connection. Basically just jumping the two together. (this being the 2 satellite connections in the bay)

tstammer

tstammer
Re Satellite

The previous owner had a A/B switch hooked up along with other cables I guess he also ran extra cables. I basiaclly took the TV out, that was fun two screws under cabinet holding the TV in was wondering what kept TV from moving now I know. I just tried every cable until I got the satellite to work. I now have the satellite cable from the satellite to the receiver and from the receiver to the TV. I will keep the other cables wired tied and out of the way. I have NO plate in the entertainment center for any kind of cable or satellite hook ups just a 1" hole. I know the previous could of not did this there is no sign of a plate even being there in the first place. Thanks for all the input especially PullTab.