Found these on crashedtoys.com

danemayer

Re: Found these on crahedtoys.com

Hooked water hose to the black tank flush and went away for a few hours, flooding black tank contents all over the place?

jbeletti

MPG looks like it was jack knifed on the tow vehicle. Maybe a van? Big Country looks like it was in a flood. Looks like a high water mark on the shower doors. If it was a water leak from the inside, I doubt the coach would hold water to that height (close to 4 feet from the 1st level floor). Probably river water flooding and that brown is mud?

Jim

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Both of these are in SC. Was thinking about looking at the BC and maybe bidding on it. Could sell it for parts. It may have been flooded but you would think you would see a horizontal water line somewhere on the interior or exterior.

On edit, I do see a waterline inside the shower. I think Tom is right, it was flooded from the fresh water system.

Last edited:

traveler44

The stains in the BC look like that water was forced back through the whole fresh water system. What a mess. Would be interesting to hear what really did happen to them. Tom M.

SouthernNights

You know Tom, that makes a lot of sense. I agree with Jim that it looks like mud rather than rust. We have a lot of clay in this area and it does get into the water at times.
I have never bid on an insurance total and there is no information on the website as to the cause of damage like there are on other things. Just wondering if something like this could be bought dirt cheap.

hoefler

Be careful on bidding on flood damaged or totaled vehicles, especially if they have a salvage title. You may not be able to insure them for anything more than liability.

SouthernNights

Be careful on bidding on flood damaged or totaled vehicles, especially if they have a salvage title. You may not be able to insure them for anything more than liability.

As I said earlier, if I bought I would part it out..

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Both of these are in SC. Was thinking about looking at the BC and maybe bidding on it. Could sell it for parts. It may have been flooded but you would think you would see a horizontal water line somewhere on the interior or exterior.

On edit, I do see a waterline inside the shower. I think Tom is right, it was flooded from the fresh water system.
If you look between the shower and the vanity, you can see a water line there also. if the water was that high in the bedroom area, I can't imagine there are many mechanicals that weren't under water. Furnace, reefer components, and converter may be shot. The A/C unit, awnings, TV, lights and anything else above might be salvageable. Lots of work. Still, might be worth a look see just to satify your curiosity.
Heck Larry, that's only an hour away from you.

Moose

Looks like the shower was left running a long time (vandalism or an "oops" left shower faucets on), thus the dark stains on the shower stall. Probably flooded the place.

Reminds me of what the water looks like after a break in the municipal water pipe. Or, pumping a well that made water with high iron and manganese content?

Notice the toilet stains too. Also there is some greenish stuff at base of kitchen faucet.

SouthernNights

Looks like the shower was left running a long time (vandalism or an "oops" left shower faucets on), thus the dark stains on the shower stall. Probably flooded the place.

Reminds me of what the water looks like after a break in the municipal water pipe. Or, pumping a well that made water with high iron and manganese content?

Notice the toilet stains too. Also there is some greenish stuff at base of kitchen faucet.

I have to agree with you. It looks like the shower head sprayed on the glass and you can see the pattern on the shower glass. Shower filled and to a certain point and then it started leaking out. Directly underneath the shower and bathroom on this model is the UDC and water heater.
mvc-019.jpg

I am sure the water went everywhere on the lower floor.

I am trying to find out exactly where this unit so I can go look at it. Not sure why but would like to bid on it-as long as it stays cheap.

Thanks for everyone's input.

archbarb

I have to agree with you. It looks like the shower head sprayed on the glass and you can see the pattern on the shower glass. Shower filled and to a certain point and then it started leaking out. Directly underneath the shower and bathroom on this model is the UDC and water heater.
View attachment 16845

I am sure the water went everywhere on the lower floor.

I am trying to find out exactly where this unit so I can go look at it. Not sure why but would like to bid on it-as long as it stays cheap.

Thanks for everyone's input.

I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING!!!!!!!

Archie

SouthernNights

Well, there is always "The rest of the story" so here IS the rest of the story on the BC.

Dale stopped by the salvage today and talked with the owner of the yard. Apparently the trailer was set up and left unattended. A very large storm came up and knocked the shampoo bottle down in the shower and it hit the shower valve-something that I know has been discussed here.

Valve got turned on-water kept running. Trailer flooded. As for the rust or mud stains-it is mud. Clay actually. Lots of it here in SC. Sometimes during very bad storms and flooding our water will get a orange tint to it.

So there it is. It has been fun guessing what happened. MOOSE-you get the prize-you were right on!!!

Moose

Does that mean I get the BC for free? LoL

I am still confused as the discolouration coming from "clay". How could clay get into a water system, drilled wells, etc? Unless they pumped the well dry maybe?

Sure looks like iron staining to me, but, I'll settle for the free BC anyway. LOL

SouthernNights

Does that mean I get the BC for free? LoL

I am still confused as the discolouration coming from "clay". How could clay get into a water system, drilled wells, etc? Unless they pumped the well dry maybe?

Sure looks like iron staining to me, but, I'll settle for the free BC anyway. LOL

Well, it will not be free but I can guarantee you it will be cheap!

You are kind of right on the iron staining though. Our clay contains a lot of iron oxide. Have no idea how it happens but when we have a lot of rain the water from wells will tint. Maybe with that much ground water it can carry some of the iron into the aquifer -I really don't know. I do know most wells around our are shallow-only about 50-65 deep. Over the years we have had to dig a few for houses and sprinklers.

Moose

Wonder what that BC will go for? Would it be sold at an auction? Or could you just go in and try and negotiate a price?

If you could get that for $5,000 or so . . . . . hmmmm . . . . .

GOTTOYS

Looks more like it went swimming in a dirty river to me....Don